Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Retransmission Timers

Discussion in 'Windows' started by eggysplat, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggysplat

Hi

Just wondering if these could be implemented in the soft-phone offering (SIP T1, T2 & T4). We have a couple of customers who are bordering on 500ms round-trip time, and one or two that are in the region of ~950ms. The SIP re-transmission on calling is causing a number of problems when they make calls.

As far as I know, no softphone implements customisable SIP retransmission timers. We recommend 3CXPhone and, have a pre-configured link, as it's by far the best soft-phone for Windows. However, I've tried 3CXPhone, X-Lite, Zoiper, SJPhone, ExpressTalk and, none of these allow you to change T1.

I'm not sure how many other people would think this would be a welcome addition but, I think that for some problematic internet connections, it's a life-saver and would put 3CX phone even further ahead of the competition!!

Kind Regards

Daryl

PS - I know it's community led, with no tech support but, if any developers do read this, please do consider it!! :)

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might have better luck bring this up in....http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.