Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy Service Stopping Intermittently

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HYPROP, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HYPROP

Hi

I'm hoping this is the right place to post this.

We are having issues with our phone system, on the 3CX web GUI services section the 'SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy' keeps stopping. When it stops it is disconnecting all of our phones.

I can manually restart the service but not long after it will stop again.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Many thanks in advance

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @HYPROP

What version are you running? The exact build number can be found on the dashboard next to the licence info. What operating system is the 3CX server installed on? What are the servers hardware specifications and how many extensions / concurrent calls do you have? Are the specs enough for the system? Is there enough disk space? Does the system meet the minimum hardware requirements as seen here?

3. HYPROP

Hi YiannisH_3CX,

Thank you for replying, here is the information that you have requested

Version: 15.5.3849.1
    Hardware: T2 Small
    extensions / concurrent calls: 85 extensions, 8 concurrent calls

Everything has been running fine for months now, and it has only started having issues today

Thanks again

4. tailwinds

We are having the same issue today. Client has been running for month with no problem and now tunnel service crashes every few minutes. We backup and restored to a new server and upgraded to latest version.

HYPROP likes this.
  5. sniffware

Good morning, we are experiencing the same issue, my cloud is working under OVH VPS, the headquarter is working perfect, but the remote office no, every-time i execute the service from the remote office using SBC for windows, shutdown the entire RPT tunneling proxy services. please advise

6. tailwinds

After migrating to the new server we brought each remote site online one at a time. We found that the issue was possibly being caused by a single location. We just uninstalled the SBC and reinstalled it with the latest version. As soon as we brought the site in question online the service crashed. We have 8 remote offices with SBC's on this instance so a lot of users are being affected.

7. HYPROP

UPDATE

We have discovered that if we disable one of the SBC Services from running at one of our sites the Tunnnel Proxy Service does not crash.

We have had it running across 2 sites for months and never had an issue before today. Have there been any software updates recently that may have caused this to happen?

Many thanks

8. tailwinds

Very strange that several of us have experienced the same issue today. We verified that no changes or updates had been made to the particular SBC install that is causing the issue.

3CX - Are you aware of anything and is this a more widespread problem we need to be aware of?

9. tailwinds

We moved the troubled SBC install to a workstation temporarily for testing and have had no more issues.

10. sniffware

I just ran the SBC again, currently the service is up with no problems. as well I did a windows update to both SBC's.

11. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear that you identified the cause of the issue and you were able to work around it. Currently there are no more reports of this issue but it is strange that it happen the same day to all of you.
    There was an SBC release yesterday but i do not believe this is related as you would had to manually upgrade to run the latest build. Keep an eye on the issue an report back it this starts happening again so we can investigate.

12. tailwinds

We compared a few items this morning and found that the SBC causing the issues was one of two 32 bit OS's we have out there. We also found a lot of errors in the logs right after Windows Update KB4053580 was applied to this system.

13. sniffware

I still experiencing the same issue, i updated both sbc, please advise

14. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @sniffware

Can you please provide us some more details regarding the issue? Does the service go down immediately once the SBC starts? What version PBX are you running? You can see the exact build number on the dashboard next to the licence info. How many phones are behind the SBC? What are the specs of the machine?

15. sniffware

i have a system using OVH. 2 offices (1st office . 15 phones) (2nd office . 3 phones). after i start the service for the SBC using windows the SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy Service Stops immediately and the entire phone system goes down . which i decide to stop the SBC from the 2nd location. then restart the service and goes back to normal activity, im using the current SBC update realese in Dec 21.2017. sometimes if i star the sbc from location 2, two days later the services goes down and the entire phone system goes down.

16. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Make sure that you don't have any port forwarding for the SBC on the second site to avoid any chance of the SBC being scanned from the outside forcing it to stop. If this is not the case then we will need to see some files. I will send you a p.m. with details of what we will need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.