SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy Service Stopping

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Micahel, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micahel

Hello,

I need some help with one of my customers 3CX installations. Every now and then their SIP/RTP Tunneling Proxy Service stops which makes their phones stop working and i have to restart the service manually.
    The 3CX system is a cloud hosted install in our data center, they have have 3 phones on site behind a raspberry pi SBC.
    3CX Version: 15.5.6354.2
    Operating System: Debian 8

I have roughly 40 customers on this same cloud hosted server and this is the only customer getting this issue.
    Pretty much all customers have the same setup with an SBC.

This has happened quite a few times with the customer and i can't figure out how to fix it.
    I have seen other posts here with quite a few other people having the same issue and their saying it is the SBC causing the issue.
    I need to fix this as we need the SBC on site as the customer experiences audio issues such as 1 way audio and audio delay. The customer uses a 4G connection for 3CX and sending everything through the SBC fixes those issues.

Any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Michael.

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Michael,

I would maybe look at downloading the Verbose Support Info file from 3CX and looking specifically at the 3CXTunnel log which can be found in the "Logs" folder.

Also please confirm that the SBC is up-to date and not running the 3CX SBC for Debian 8 Jessie - this should be running Stretch (version 9).

In your command line simply use the command "cat /etc/os-release".

Please define your customers reasons for using 4G ? I would try and keep everything to a stable wired connection if possible.

3. Micahel

The SBC is currently running version 8 Jessie.
    I will upgrade the SBC now.

The customer ADSL connection is not that stable, when we originally set the customer up with 3CX we have both going through the same ADSL connection and we were having call quality issues and their computers would be killing the bandwidth which is why we set it up to go through a 4G connection which is very stable and haven't had any issues with the phones since (not including the tunnelling proxy service stopping working)
    Also a side note, we have quite a few customers setup with a raspberry pi SBC and for all 3CX traffic to go out via 4G and no one else is experiencing this issue. The majority of the other customers are also still on version 8 Jessie still and they are not getting this issue.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Yes get it upgraded right away. If you try and install a 3CX SBC on Jessie now you will get an error and it won't install so this may have something to do with your issue.

You can try it via the Pi interface itself using an online guide (if you Google there are several):
    http://baddotrobot.com/blog/2017/10/26/upgrade-raspian-jessie-to-stretch/

However I have had mixed results with this and have normally found it easier to flash the SD card directly with Stretch and re-install the SBC. If you are remote to the SBC however you won't have this option.

In answer to your point, yes I know of customers using all manner of wireless connections for 3CX with few issues also, me personally as a rule always recommend wired connections for VoIP to elevate the connection as an issue later on if problems were to arise.

5. Micahel

I have now upgraded to version 9 Stretch, it only took 4 and a half hours... as i said before, the customers internet connection isn't the best thus the 4G.
    As this issue doesn't happen to often i will just have to monitor it to see if it happens again.
    Is there anything else you can recommend that might help/fix the issue (not including removing the 4G connection or removing the SBC)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.