SIP tie trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stash, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stash

stash New Member

HI,

Anyone here tried connecting 3cx with other IPBX using SIP tie trunk? If someone know how can you give me hint or steps where to configure.

Thanks,

STASH

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Stash, it would likely help if you would name the make of the other PBX. There may be some on the board who have already done what you want and rather than tips, might be able to give the entire set of instructions. It would also help to know which version of 3CX and possibly a little more about the scope.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

General approach is using 3CX master bridge. On the other bridge register a SIP trunk with bridge slave credentials. You might also need setting DDI tables in other PBX, etc.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stash

stash New Member

Hi neb i'm doing the tie trunking in Altigen Phone system.

Hi eagle - Yes this is what i did, and i can call the Altigen but it's sending BYE packets to the 3cx. Can you give me deeper config or setup?
    But 3cx to altigen can't call. If i will use the prefix i made on the 3cx then press again the prefix of the SIP trunk in altigen it's not connecting at all. 3cx is giving me NOT found on the server activity log.

More opinion pls. :D

Thanks,

STASH

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I don't have an idea what is Altigen (I will google it).

If not possible to register a SIP trunk to 3CX (to master bridge in 3CX), you may need also to set DID/DDI incoming rules, try the following -- in each of the PBX create SIP trunks without registration -- to the address of the other PBX, you still need to handle incoming calls via DDI (and username / authentication ID to create the trunks).

Send me a private message with your e-mail -- I will mail you how this looks like with Panasonic, I also did it with Avaya IPO.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. stash

stash New Member

Hi Eagle,

I will try the SIP trunk you are saying. Hope to get your steps how did you make this SIP tie trunking work with AVAYA. :D

Thanks,

STASH

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm afraid the problem is another type -- Microsoft Lync (wtat is your other system) is using TCP for RTP media, i.e. for voice, while 3CX and almost all other PBXs, including Avaya, are using UDP for media. This could be the reason for not receiving any media.

Research this possible issue or raise a ticket to 3CX support.

Kind regards,
    Orlin

8. stash

stash New Member

Hi eagle,

Can you use the resources of AVAYA from 3CX? or vice versa.

here are my scenarios :D
    Can 3cx user use the PRI or AVAYA?
    can AVAYA extension use 3cx VOIP?
    On the AA of AVAYA can be transfered to 3cx extension
    On the AA of 3cx can be transfered to AVAYA extension

Let me know if you made this :D

Thanks,

STASH :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.