SIP to Analog converter that connects to Cloud

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sbowers, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbowers

I recently deployed 3CX in the cloud. My client has external ringers for their shop floor phones. We originally purchased a 8 port FXS Patton box. I am having difficulty getting it to connect to the cloud. Does any one have any suggestions or other products that work for 3CX in the cloud?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Is VPN an option? I think it's the only supported method for any of the supported FXS devices. I know Google Cloud and AWS support VPN.

3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

You can set this up via the SBC as well, I have done this several times. It is not supported but you can get it working fairly easily.

Run the standard configuration file as you would for having the Patton on premise:
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/patton-smartnode-sn4112-fxs/

But before you load the configuration from the link from 3CX download the file and open using Notepad ++ and make some amendments. Change the local IP addresses of 3CX that are set in there to that of the SBC (ctrl + f search the local IP).

At this point load it into the Patton and it should be fine.

Marari and accentlogic like this.
  4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

You can use almost any FXS gateway, even not provisioned automatically by 3CX, like Cisco SPA112, SPA122; Grandstream HT701, HT702, HT801, HT802; Dinstar DAG1000-1S, DAG1000-2S,;etc. Gateways need to support STUN configuration to use them with 3CX, nevertheless this is not obligatory, some of them will work properly even without STUN configured.
    To use them as fax extensions, you need to have in place site-to-site VPN, as fax extensions can be only local ones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.