• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP to Sound Card Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Stewart

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an interesting little challenge. I have a PC running windows (doesn't have to be a windows solution though). Inside the PC is a sound card with eight discrete audio inputs and outputs.
I'm looking for an application that will handle 8 SIP accounts (hosted on 3CX) and allow me to pair each account to a different PC audio input and output channel. Ideally incoming calls for each account should also auto answer. The accounts will never have to dial out as this will be done from another extension and calls transferred once established.

I've looked all over for a simple solution to this but haven't found anything. I did wonder if the legacy 3CX to Skype gateway would be a possible solution, but can't find an active download for that now.

Any advice gratefully received.

Duncan

So let's forget about 3CX for a minute. Can you simplify what exactly are trying to accomplish? Do you just want someone to call a phone number and have it auto connect to an audio source on the sound card?

So let's forget about 3CX for a minute. Can you simplify what exactly are trying to accomplish? Do you just want someone to call a phone number and have it auto connect to an audio source on the sound card?

Pretty much - except it's 8 extensions connecting to eight different channels on the sound card (inputs and outputs)

I think you are trying to make things too complicated - ignore the sound card.

Setup your sip accounts, and have them answered by a digital receptionist where you play the voice message , finally pass the call to the correct destination. (extension, ring group, queue)

I think you are trying to make things too complicated - ignore the sound card.

Setup your sip accounts, and have them answered by a digital receptionist where you play the voice message , finally pass the call to the correct destination. (extension, ring group, queue)

It's 8 different live audio sources (ins and outs) so that wouldn't work unfortunately.

Can anyone provide me with the old 3CX to Skye Gateway software? It would be useful to see if that could be adapted to do the job (even though it wasn't actually programmed to do that)

I still have a copy, but not in a folder available for downloads. I did, however, come across someone else's copy of it.

http://home.smbh.tk/3CX/

If you Google the name of the file, you'll find it resides in a few other locations as well.

Can't vouch for the validity of the file(s), and I don't really see it doing what you want, but...good luck.

Last edited:
I still have a copy, but not in a folder available for downloads. I did, however, come across someone else's copy of it.

http://home.smbh.tk/3CX/

If you Google the name of the file, you'll find it resides in a few other locations as well.

Can't vouch for the validity of the file(s), and I don't really see it doing what you want, but...good luck.

Thanks very much. I'm clutching at straws really - I doubt it'll work either!
If anyone else has any thought please do post!

Hello All,

I case anyone stumbles on this thread in the future looking for a similar solution - I have solved it.
It might not be the most elegant but it seems to work fine.
The solution I found was using 3CX for Windows client. Create 8 windows user accounts on the PC, login to each, apply the extension relevant account config from 3CX and choose the correct sound card channels.
Then log out of all the separate windows users accounts and run a script which 'runas' 3CX Client for the 8 discrete users in a single account.

@Duncan Stewart

Nice hack and thanks for posting details. Do check in from time to time to lets us know if it holds up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.