SIP trunk+3cx+patton+ISDN PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miro, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miro

Hi,

is it possible to have SIP trunk connected to the 3cx and on 3cx configured trunk to some voip/pstn gateway (e.g. patton) and to that patton connect old ISDN PBX. Customer want to leave everthing like it is, he just want to move from ISDN lines to SIP trunk because of chipper calls. I am wondering how to route all incoming calls from outside the SIP trunk which are coming to 3cx? all incoming calls must be forward to ISDN PBX. also all outgoing calls must be routed from ISDN PBB to patton and via 3cx to SIP trunk. how to configure that any call whic come from patton route to SIP trunk. so major question is how to route incoming calls in 3cx to anther trunk, from provider to ISDN , and vice versa. i dont see the solution in inband rules??

Thanks

2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    I had a similar problem, but it was a little more complex than that. There was one PRI connecting to a PBX that was shared by two businesses. The new solution had two 3CX servers, with calls being routed as appropriate from the ISDN via the 3CX. The DDI range was split between them, and the gateway could route to whichever 3CX was appropriate. Inbound calls were via ISDN, and outbound via a VoIP provider Spitfire in the UK. The routing was taken care of by the ISDN gateway - not 3CX. This was an Axtan unit, which currently is not supported by 3CX. Calls were possible from 3CX to ISDN, ISDN to 3CX, old PBX to ISDN, old PBX to SIP etc. Before full changeover ISDN could be split so that some calls went to PBX and others to 3CX. It sounds like this is what you are looking for?

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. miro

Well, customer will be stay on his own ISDN PBX, there will be no moving to 3CX at all, all extension will stay on existing PBX. 3cx will be like a bridge (transparent) without any user extension, idea is that calls are just passing through the 3CX, for that i need two rules, what come from my provider forawrd to patton - to ISDN, and what come from ISDN- patton to 3cx, move forward to SIP trunk to provider. Is that even possible?

Thanks

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

What is the client's current PBX system? What model of Patton is being considered? How many channels in the ISDN? Is the desire to have both incoming and out going calls going to a SIP provider?

If I understand correctly, they simply want to move from the ISDN Provider currently in place and go to SIP Trunking directly. Unfortunately, the PBX only has an ISDN interface. So the question really becomes - can 3CX effectively act as a ISDN to SIP gateway?

If this is the case, then I confess that I am not certain, but my take is that perhaps something along this line https://www.nxgear.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=344&category_id=438&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26 may be more of what you are looking for.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

While the passing of calls from one type of trunk, to another, is theoretically possible. It is going to get "messy" as 3CX is not designed to be a tandem switch. You would probably have to go the route of setting up a number of dummy extensions to handle the forwarding, and caller ID is probably going to be affected (not passed on properly).

One problem that I can see arising is that the ISDN gateway will have to be registered to 3CX. That gateway will connect to the other PBX, but, it expects to connect to a telco PRI or BRA line(s) (depending on the type of ISDN you are going to use). You will, in fact, be connecting to a PBX, which also expects to connect to a Telco. That may present a problem, I'm not sure if there are settings to overcome that.

6. miro

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers, I was afraid that this will be "impossible" and painful, no I must convince people to get new IP phones, PNP to 3cx and end of story :)

7. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Hi,
    The Axtan will do what you need - indeed it's primary use is to connect a SIP provider to an ISDN PBX, although it can help connect to 3CX at same time as in the case of a migration. I think that lneblett left you a link.

Kind regards
    Richard

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.