Sip trunk and sip phone/client

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by muurman, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muurman

As far as i know is sip a broker protocol.
    So the call setup is done by the sip pbx and the audio goes directly from phone to phone or phone to sip trunk.

But me also is told: if you get connected trough a sip trunk and the siptrunk is configured on the sip pbx the audio stream wil go through the sip pbx.

The reason why i ask:
    If i have at every customer a sip pbx it is not really a problem if the audio goes through the sip pbx.
    But if i start hosting 3cx with the multitenant version for multiple customers/company's then it gets a problem i think.
    3 reasons:
    - the server running the multitenant version has to handle for example 50 company's with each 20 phones. so their can be hunders of calls at the same time. What if their are hunderds calls and i restart 1 customer.
    - possible audio delay.
    - bandwith usage

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

First off, the multi-tenant is limited to 10 instances per machine so you cannot have 50 companies, the most you would have is 10.

Second, each tenant is own their own copy of 3CX that is running completely independent so restarting one does not affect the others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. muurman

Why?

What i meant was that if audio streams are going through the pbx anything happening on the pbx can disturb audio.
    If it just does call handling then audio wont be disturbed by for example downloading updates or something.
    Also then it can run virtual without problems i think.

But our gntel partner supports reinvite. so i will test this.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

ERM - Shared processes on a machine - yes of course.

Copy a 5 GB file and make a call. If you have a Xeon you will not have a problem. If you have a coreduo yes you might have jittery audio. It is all a matter of resources on the machine.

as to your comments

num of tenants is 10 just to make it a whole small number. We can increase this. But lets see how this goes at first.

If you restart 1 customer, that customer will be restarted. The others will keep on working. These are seperate. The calls will not be affected. Reason being because they are operating under a completely different set of sockets and ports. Different services and everything.

If one gets hacked and for example crashes, the other clients will remain working.
    Have you installed multitenant before commenting?

- possible audio delay.
    how exactly?
    Why would there be audio delay?
    Why should a service start or stop affect the audio?

If you have a bunch of websites on IIS and you restart one website, the others still remain working correct? This is how it works.

- bandwith usage
    why?
    why would a stop and start of a service waste your bandwidth?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.