SIP Trunk Between 3CX and Avaya Aura CM 5.2.1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TechJimF, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechJimF

I have successfully setup a SIP trunk between 3CX and Avaya Aura CM 5.2.1. It is setup directly to Avaya without Avaya SES or Session Manager and in 3CX setup as a Provider (I think I have tried as Generic and it did not work).

My biggest issue I am having is 'outbound calls' from 3CX to Avaya extensions or calls to outside phone numbers through Avaya.

Everytime the first call is placed, the softphone shows 'dialing', waits 30 seconds and drops. No connection is actually made over the trunk.

If I immediately dial the number again, the call goes through. If I wait more than 5 seconds, the call will not go through.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Your best bet is having a look at the 3CX Activity Log to see what is happening on the failed call, at least from 3CX's perspective. If there is a log on the Avaya, you might want to check that as well, as it would show why the call failed. Did it even make it through, was there a time-out?

3. TechJimF

The 3CX event log shows:

"SIP Server/Call Manager ID: 12294
    Call or Registration to 6321@(Ln.10000@Avaya Trunk) has failed. 0.0.0.0 replied: 408 Request Timeout; internal"

On the Avaya side I can put a live trace on the trunk and the call never hits it. If I immediately try dialing again, works fine.

Stumped.

Thanks,

Jim

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the IP in the log show as 0.0.0.0, or did you hide the actual IP?

5. TechJimF

Yes that is exactly what is in the event log. How can the IP address be 0.0.0.0 when it knows how to reach the Avaya side on the next call? The event log apparently doesn't show a successful call to compare to either.

The call log shows the same unsuccessful call as 'not answered' and if I make an immediate call that goes through and hang up before the Avaya phone answers, the call log also shows 'not answered'. I would have thought it would show abandoned since the 3CX phone hung up.

Thanks,

Jim

6. TechJimF

I'm assuming the event log is the same as the activity log.

Under parameters, will any of these trigger more logging to help troubleshoot this?

CMLOG_VERBOSITY

SYSTEMLOGGINGLEVEL

MYPHONECLIENTLOGGINGLEVEL

Thanks,

Jim

7. TechJimF

I found the activity log. I will put it in Verbose logging tomorrow and create some traffic to see what it shows.

Thanks,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.