SIP trunk call problem - "Credentials don't match"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zhangjx99, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhangjx99

Hi there,

I have upgraded to V11 and it works fine, except the below issue I faced since V8, still the same problem:
    When I make call from another NEC phone system via SIP trunk, if call to existing 3CX extension, no any problem, regardless registered phone or forward to other party via outbound routing.
    however, if dial a number which is go to other party via the outbound routing directly, then call failed.

for example:
    I have setup :
    1. extension 28000(forward all call to external number: 28133)
    2. Ports/Trunks 27203/GXW4108 gateway
    3. Outbound rules: prefix 28, route GXW4108, strip Digits 2
    ==> when I make call from SIP Trunk: dial 28000, the call will successfully go to port 27203, strip 28, and reach to 133 in another pbx system;
    ==> when I make call from SIP Trunk: dial 28133, call failed, with below log info: -- please help
    there should not be credentials issue as the call go via Outbound Rules...

==> If dial from 3CX registered IP Phone, no any problem.

Regards,
    Zhang

*************************** Server Activity Log ******************************************
    26-07-2012 15:05:17.352 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for INVITE sip:28133@10.100.4.6:5060 SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.100.4.238:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-3b5c50115cda30-241
    Max-Forwards: 70
    To: <sip:28133@10.100.4.6:5060>
    From: "22161"<sip:22161@douyee.com.sg:5060>;tag=83550115cda2b-241
    Call-ID: 1f52-50115cda-2a-241@10.100.4.238
    CSeq: 2 INVITE
    Session-Expires: 1800
    Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, BYE, UPDATE, PRACK
    Content-Type: application/sdp
    Proxy-Authorization: Digest username="27100",realm="3CXPhoneSystem",nonce="414d535c06217d2d34:2d494eb83b8adf88e25b47fc884bfa96",uri="sip:28133@10.100.4.6:5060",response="c10c26446b2bf92afc99ec99d42ed050",opaque=""
    Supported: timer
    Content-Length: 175

v=0
    o=IPS 22875 0 IN IP4 10.100.4.243
    s=IPS
    c=IN IP4 10.100.4.243
    t=0 0
    m=audio 10104 RTP/AVP 0 101
    a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
    a=ptime:20
    a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
    ; Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Sorry, but am having a difficult time understanding the scenario. You apparently have an NEC system that is bridged to 3CX via a SIP card in the NEC system (my assumption)? The port number or virtual extension for this connection is 27203 as shown by 3CX. Additionally, you have a PSTN Gateway whose port numbers or virtual extensions are????? which is also connected to the 3CX system. How are the two system actually interconnected and what are the extension number ranges for each?

Please be more explicit and tell us from which system each call originates and to which system and extension is the destination. I do not understrand what is meant by "when I make a call from SIP trunk". What system and from which extension and to what system and extension?

Outbound rules: prefix 28, route GXW4108, strip Digits 2
    ==> when I make call from SIP Trunk: dial 28000, the call will successfully go to port 27203, strip 28, and reach to 133 in another pbx system;
    ==> when I make call from SIP Trunk: dial 28133, call failed, with below log info: -- please help
    there should not be credentials issue as the call go via Outbound Rules...

The above is confusing as you originally indicated extension 28000( forward all call to external number: 28133. How does this number get 27203 if there is a rule in place for Outbound rules: prefix 28, route GXW4108, strip Digits 2? From your description, it would seem that any 28XXX dial number would be routed via Outbound rules to the GXW and somehow the GXW would then dial 3 digits. This now seemingly implies that the GXW is being used as a PTSN source for an analog PBX.

Sorry, I am just not able to really understand the setup, how the two PBXs are connected (or is it 3 PBXs?), which extensions are resident on which system, how the rules are set and how the Gateway and SIP trunk are intended to be used. If you can dial 28000 and get success, why is there a need to dial 28133?

3. zhangjx99

Hi Ineblett, thanks for your reply.

I am sorry for the confuse. yes, there are 3 PBX system:
    -- NEC system with a build-in SIP cards(A),
    -- 3CX(B),
    -- and the 3rd is a traditional pbx(C), connect to 3CX via 27203 port.

28000 is a registered number with 3CX, I put forward to "external number" 28133

what I tried to do was dial from NEC(A), destination is (C) ext. 133, via 3CX(B).
    ==> for NEC(A), there is outbound rules: divert call to 3CX(B) via SIP trunk for prefix 28
    ==> for 3CX(B), there is outbound rules: divert call to (C) via analog gateway port 27203.

so when I:
    dial 28000, 3CX system will forward to 28133, and then match to outbound rules prefix 28 ==> 27203, and reached 133 under (C)==> sucessfull.

dial 28133, call failed, with log activities in previous message.

thanks for your advice again.
    JX

4. lneblett

OK, I can see this is going to take a while.

So, You dial out of the NEC system using some extension number that is 5 digits long with the first 2 digits being "28". The prefix "28" is seen by the NEC system as being a call that should be routed to the 3CX system using the SIP trunk that is established as a bridge between the NEC and 3CX systems. I am assuming that you are dialing extension 28000 to reach the 3CX system as you inidcated it is a registered extension.

When 28000 comes across to the 3CX system, that extension (28000 on 3CX in this case) has a rule in place to forward the call to an external number 28133 which is then sent to the outbound rules for processing. The rule is then set such that any number coming across with a prefix of 28, that the system will strip 2 thereby leaving only the "133" of the original number and will then send to the Gateway for subsequent transport to the 3rd PBX.

I think that perhaps part of the issue is that you have intermixed numbers and extensions. When you dialed 28133 directly from the NEC, there is nothing to tell the 3CX system that it is either an intenal extension or if it is an external number. It was simply routed to 3CX by the NEC system and I assume that there is no extension 28133 established on the 3CX system. You will note that when you first dial 28000, it goes to an extension and that extension's forwarding rule is set to send to "external number". I think this establishes an explicit route rather than an implied route. Your assumption is that it should treat the 28133 the same regardless if it is a number or an extension. While that seems logical, I do not know if that it how the programmer's envisioned its use and I am suspecting that you do not really have the systems bridged per se, but are using the NEC system to emulate a SIP trunking provider. Ifthis is the case, then all calls that start with "28" and are 5 digits long are going this route if I understand correctly. I am just not clear on how the interconnect is actually establised as SIP is merely a protocol, how it is employed is the key.

When I refer to bridge, I am referring to an assumption that you have estabslished a "true" bridge using the 3CX brigde capablities and not simply having the NEC look like a SIP trunking provider. If you will look at the bridge setup within 3CX there is an additional tab that comes into play once the bridge is established that allows you to create call handling rules at this level rather than having to go through the intermediate level of creating extensions and then letting the extension do the forwarding.

The only thing I can come up with about the credential issue is that (if and when) you set the system up, you set the NEC to be a SIP Trunk and have credentials established to register the same and somehow 28000 is a part of the registration process. When you started to use 28133, there are no credentials for the registration using this value.

5. zhangjx99

Hi Ineblett,

Yes, you got the situation. agree that I have intermixed with number and extension.
    and my setup is using VOIP provider, rather than a bridge(please refer to attached picture).

as an alternative solution, I am using Digital Receptionist to divert those call, but I would prefer to dial the destination number instead which can save around 5 seconds per call.

any better way to handle this?

appreciate your help.
    JX

Attached Files:

6. lneblett

Unfortunately, bridging is the only real way to go. but maybe there is depending on the situation

The issue is that you have elected to use a SIP trunk and presumably the trunk can handle a certain number of calls at the same. On the other end, you have a gxw and it too can handle multiple calls at the same time. So, the question becomes how can I take multiple inputs and pass-through so I can also have multiple outputs?

At the other PBX (3cx or NEC), how many extensions are there that could be needed to be dialed from the NEC?
    How many calls do you need to be able to handle at the same time?
    Is their a receptionist or DR at the other PBX?

7. zhangjx99

Hi Ineblett,

Thanks for your advice. I will explore the possibility to work with bridging setup.

Just for your info:
    NEC handle around 200 ext. and Other PBX handle around 50 ext. concurrent SIP calls limited to 4.

JX

8. lneblett

I think bridging is your best solution; Otherwise you will need to continuing using the Digital receptionist or, you might be able to setup DID numbers that point to extensions that subsequently point to numbers. It might avoid the need for the DR as you may be able to filter.

You would continue to use your NEC to dial 28xxx, then set up Did within 3cx with a mask to look for the 28xxx and forwrd each 28xxx to a psuedo extension within 3cx that then has a forwrd to external number 28xxx where xxx represents the remote extension on the other PBX by stripping the 28 when sent to the gxw. You would need create a did entry within 3cx for each extension at the remote other PBX.as I do not have a way to test this, you will likely have to experiment, but look at did handling in the manual and blog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.