Solved SIP trunk DIDs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Edward Paine, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Paine

Can someone explain to me how the 3CX management console decides whether or not to allow a DID/DDI number to be added to the list in the DIDs tab? I seem to be able to add some but not others. No error is generated (that I can find) when I add a number that won't save to the list.

Do they have any relationship to the Main Trunk No (General tab) or the Configure Outbound Caller ID in the Caller ID tab?

Our SIP trunk is with Zen if that makes a difference.

Ed

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Edward Paine,

Supported provider still so they should be fine (Zen Business Talk SIP).

You can add your DID's as full or if in a block prefix (for example) the last 3 digits with a *123.
    These are the 2 ways I have found that work reliably.

You could try an import using a CSV file, 3CX have not updated this for v15.5 I don't think but you can simply "export" a copy and try it from the Inbound rules tab:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/importing-dids/

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Edward Paine

I am not aware of any check being made while you are adding DIDs. You should be able to add just about anything unless it is smaller that 4 characters. the only thing i can think off is that when you add a new DID you directly press OK on the top while the DID box is still highlighted. Try adding the DID pressing away from the box and then hit OK. also make sure you are using a supported provider

4. Edward Paine

Thank you. I think it was as simple as that. The last DID was never being saved. You might want to improve the form logic for a future update.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for the feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.