Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sip trunk monitor

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Juan Marriott, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juan Marriott

I Have a trunk that authenticates via ip address; does anyone knows how to monitor when the trunk becomes unavaliable?

By the way, the sip trink is delived via fiber and private ip(not throu internet)

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Check the notification settings under the email settings

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

In my country there are also providers which are provide sip trunk through fiber optic direct to the customer (IP MPLS) and it is IP based.(without registration).
    From 3cx perspective that trunk is always "register" (green) and as far as I know 3cx cannot monitor that kind of a trunk.

The easiest way to monitor IP based trunk will be using standard SIP OPTIONS messages but 3cx does not support initial sending SIP OPTIONS, 3CX is only capable to respond to SIP OPTIONS with OK message if other side initially send SIP OPTIONS message

I am considering to accomplish that with some 3rd party tools on linux, like e.g. SIPp, perfectly if 3cx is on Debian, if there is no response from other side to SIP OPTIONS (from whatever reason) that 3rd party tools then can send me an email.

Or we can put this on Ideas section and wait J.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.