SIP trunk not registered but works fine

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by skagen, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skagen

Ok, when I first set up my PBX (enterprise edition) and got my sip trunk in, the trunk status showed green and registered as it should. Everything was fine, but then I just upgraded from broadvox's GOlocal plan to their GOanywhere trunk and now the trunk status shows not registered, but inbound and outbound calls work fine. Also, I called their NOC and the guy there says he sees it as not registered as well, but like I said, it works because I called him using the trunk. weird. Doea anyone know of any reason that would cause the status to show not registered but still work? I guess I can't complain, but it would be nice to have some indication of trunk status that I can monitor.

2. carolinainnovative

Registration isn't always required for outbound, so it isn't terribly unusual that outbound works.

For inbound, it is possible that they have your static IP address on file and, like some other carriers, redirect traffic without a registration to your static IP.

I would put 3cx's logs on verbose mode and see what happens when you tell that truck to re-register. Post those here.

More than likely, they changed something on your registration settings. Have you verified all of the authorization and registration settings with them?

3. skagen

Ok, thanks. everything is still working, and tonight I will change the logs (I have to do it after hours because it requires a reboot of the services) and post them here tomorrow.

4. skagen

well, I rebooted the server for another issue, and now it is registered. did not have a chance to get verbose logging when it was down, but at least everything is working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.