• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Trunk/Outbound Parameter/Custom SIP Field...how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulib

Reaction score
I am using ANVEO Direct as outbound provider. For security and authentication, they use a combination of origin IP and a 5 character prepended onto the called number. Their instructions are:
--------
Send calls from authorized IPs to:

[PREFIX][email protected]

where [PREFIX] is your custom configured prefix for the trunk and PHONENUMBER is destination phone number with country code.
---------

I was able to achieve this by prepending the prefix at the outbound rules. Calls worked correctly. Problem is that now all calls are logged including the "secret" prefix and even show up in the 3CX client's call history.

I couldnt find a way to prepend at the trunk level as is possible on PiaF.

I am guessing this could be done at the Trunks, Outbound Parameters, SIP Fields

maybe by using the CUSTOM option on the TO field.

If indeed this is possible, is there a way to incorporate variables in the custom field? so that I can prepend the ANVEO security prefix to the "CalledNum"?

thank you,
gulib

Outbound rules are where you would prepend. I haven't before heard of a provider that requires a prefix "pass-code". Perhaps they are not used to dealing with users that log the calls and might inadvertently make that available to someone that shouldn't be privy to it.

I agree its not common, but thats how they have been doing it for years. On the freepbx interface, on trunks there is a field for dial rules (additional to the routes rules) and even a field specifically for prepending on trunks, so its very easy in that scenario.

So my question still stands....is it possible to use variables in the SIP fields using the custom option?

No i am afraid this is not possible. If you use the custom option then only the custom value you input will be sent. It will not prepend the custom value in addition to the calllers number. Unless your provider accepts the pass phrase and the callers number in different SIP fields (for example pass phrase in From.Display name and number in From:user part) then you cannot do this.

thanks for clarifying that. Hopefully, they can add string manipulation rules at the trunk stage in the future.
thanks.
gulib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.