Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Trunk Provider Modification

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by architechture, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:42 PM.

1. architechture

What modification to a SIP trunk will cause it to show as:
    "You are using Unsupported SIP trunk providers which may cause issues."

I used one from the dropdown and after modification it shows the error above on the dashboard.

Thanks,

2. architechture

So it looks like this problem was caused not by a simple modification but by exporting and importing. I'll test further.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @architechture

Please note that if you import a providers template the system will recognise that as a non supported provider and you will get the unsupported warning.
    I would recommend using the 3CX provided template when adding trunks.

4. TBWD

On a similar note, we have just become a supported SIP trunk provider, is there an easy way to change from the non-supported, to our supported template, or do I just have to create a new trunk?

5. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

You will need to create a trunk to be able to use the new template. Also when a template update is released the changes are not auto applied to existing trunks as we do not want to override any changes the user might have done to the trunk .

6. TBWD

Thanks for the update, that is as I thought and have been doing it that way.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  7. architechture

So, if I export a verified provider template and import it in order to change just the Main Trunk number, it now becomes invalid? Hmmm....

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

The phone system is not aware of what is imported when you import a template and is not aware what changes were made so the trunk will be flagged as a non supported trunk.