SIP trunk registered but no incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jason Ung, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Ung

I've registered a SIP trunk on 2 different 3CX servers, one at a time, version 12 and version 14.

SIP trunk works on version 12. As in I call the number and can forward to an extension or outside number such as my mobile.

When the SIP trunk is registered on the version 14 system calls don't go through. It just rings for 5-10 seconds and say "number not available/ call could not be completed at this time".

Is there anything i'm missing on the 3cx v14 system? As far as I know, port forwarding is enabled.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you successfully ran the Firewall Checker on the PBX. Version 14 has a few more ports to forward.

Is this a recording from your provider? If so, the call may not even be reaching the PBX. This could be the result of incorrect information in the trunk settings. Do you use a fixed IP or DDNS service?

After one of these calls, check the 3CX Activity Log. If the incoming call shows the, log should show what the call encounters, and why you reach the recording (if that is a 3CX recording).

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I recommend an update to 15.(5) as it has a massive improved source identification method over previous versions which might be the cause here. Also, stay using templated and supported providers to eliminate many IFs when looking for the issue...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jason Ung

I believe it's just a standard recording from SIP providers in Australia such as Engin and Commander
    I don't think it's a 3CX voice prompt.

"We're sorry your call cannot be completed at this time. Please hang up and try your call again"
    The "Registered (idle)" SIP trunk 10002 doesn't change to ringing/connected when we dial the number.

Will check the logs and see if we can find anything.
    The V14 3CX system is currently running with a Patton VOIP gateway.

Yes firewall checker did pass over a few minutes. We allowed usual 5060/5090/15060 ports and 9000-9199.

Not sure if we want to upgrade the system now.

The SIP trunk works on our old 3cx v12 as I mentioned in the original post (at my work)

So it's either something not configured on 3CX v14 or something on the Modem router (different site to my work) blocking the incoming sip call.

I would assume once a SIP trunk is registered it should work incoming and outgoing. or is it not always the case?

edit: modem at the site is a Commander MP-264 which connects to a standard gigabit switch for all the IP phones, desktops and 3cx PC.

#4 Jason Ung, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You may want to contact your provider. If they're co-operative they may be able to give you more information about what your registration looks like at their end. Is the destination correct/reachable?

Running Wireshark right behind your modem (before any firewall/router) should show all information coming and going, including an INVITE that is never getting to the PBX.

6. Jason Ung

Public IP in 3CX wasn't the actual public IP of the internet connection. SIP trunk was registered and looks like the voip provider was sending the SIP traffic somewhere else.

so far so good.
    thanks for all the replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.