Solved Sip Trunk Registration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eftichios Charitakis, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eftichios Charitakis

Hello,

I'm encountered a problem with Registration of Sip Trunk with a provider in Greece called OTE.
    i configured the 3cx server successfully and i'm able to ping their networks.
    The only issue i have is that the registration on the provider is invalid.
    Provider report me after trace log that they take invitation without domain.
    for example the sip server in OTE sip provider in Greece is ims.otenet.gr.
    and they gave me a username 123456@ims.otenet.gr

as register server i have: ims.otenet.gr
    as outbound proxy i have ims.otenet.gr
    username +30123456

Provider inform me that take invitation from 3cx without the ims.otenet.gr in the username.

Could you please help me?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

They may need to be a bit more specific with you. Are the ports at their end, assumed to be 5060, both server and proxy? is the proxy even required? Do you need the + in the user name, or do they require the full international number with some other prefix?

3. Eftichios Charitakis

Thanks for your reply,
    Yes the ports are 5060.
    They dont know if both fields required (server and proxy). Server is mandatory anyway.
    I ask them about + on the username and they told me that is needed and the username is created with + not with the country code, but i tried already with 00 with no success :/ i dont know what else can i do. I think that the problem is on the provider side.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

They should be able to tell you what part of the registration is wrong, or, if they are even seeing it. What sort of log (3CX Activity Log) do you get during a registration attempt? Is there a rejection reply from them?

5. Eftichios Charitakis

They report that they are able to see the attempt for registration but they get a wrong username.
    Specifically they told me that they get the username without the domain +30123456@ims.otenet.gr
    So i decide to put the domain in the username field. When i put it in the username field they get it as double (+30123456@ims.otenet.gr@ims.otenet.gr) :| HOW?? just how.
    3cx Log shows that the registration failed invalid username.
    My last inputs was: server:ims.otenet.gr, proxy:ims.otenet.gr. username: +30123456 (without the domain).
    I run wireshark to analyze the packets and with this configuration shows me that the packets send succesfuly as +30123456@ims.otenet.gr
    But they are still unable to register, cause the same error occur username is invalid due to lack of domain.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Eftichios Charitakis

If you are able to confirm that the PBX is sending the correct info to the provider using wireshark then you should probably contact them and send them the capture. Ask them where the fault is and why they are rejecting the registration. Maybe they require the registration details in a different sip field.

7. Eftichios Charitakis

Problem solved, OTE provider in Greece use different fields for username and 3way authentication. We solve it after wireshark analysis. Additional after the trunk comes up i had to change the outbound parameters in trunk to be able to make outbound calls.
    Thanks everyone for your information and for your interest, i appreciate that!
    If anyone else want to help him out with the same provider, i can.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.