Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP Trunk & seperate SIP account

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by flaming, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flaming

Hi,

Very new to 3CX but have it up and running using OrbTalk SIP Trunk.

I would like to know if I can have another SIP provider set up via 3CX. One of our customers want us to be able to recieve / place calls as to look like them. They will be using a hosted provider and will provide us with a single extension.

I know I can set up a seperate IP phone, but wondered if I can add it to an existing users phone on the 3CX, we are using SPA504G, with the SPA500 32 butto consoles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sab

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not completely clear on what you are trying to achieve. If the other company wants you to act as an answering service, have a set ring at your location at the same time it is ringing at theirs (SIP forking), two identical extensions registered at different locations, then, it is up to their provider as to whether they allow that. Some do, and if that is the case, then you can register a 3CX trunk, as an extension, to their provider. You would then have 3CX direct the incoming call to a certain 3CX extension, which could be a second line key on a multi line set.

3. flaming

Thanks leejor,

I shall speak with them and see if they support SIP forking.

Thanks again for the prompt response.

Regards

sab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.