• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sip Trunk trough Adtran Netvanta 3120

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlazure

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
hey guys

I am currently trying to setup this :

I have a sip trunk provider in my city who installed a cisco modem for the sip trunk.
the ip address of the modem is XXX.XXX.24.57 255.255.255.248
outbound proxy is XX.158.128.41
ip address that i can use are .58 t0 .62

i connected the sip trunk provider modem to the WAN interface of a Adtran Netvanta 3120 and i connected my switch to a switchport.do i programm the WAN interface as XXX.XX.24.58 255.255.255.248 ?
3cx phone system and my phone are connected to the switch

in the 3xc : for the voip providers SIP server hostname or ip : do i put XX.XX.24.57 ?
outbound proxy : XX.158.128.41
i need no authentication
i disabled STUN

First off, it is not a good idea to post your fixed public IP, in the forum, you should edit, and XX out a few numbers.

If yourpublic IP is the 172.122.XX.XX IP, then that is NOT the SIP server host name.

Who installed the modem, an ISP or your VoIp provider?

You should have an IP, and your SIP Provider should have an IP. It is not always necessary to use an outbound Proxy, the information, on what to put where, in the 3Cx trunk datafill, should be given to you by your VoIP provider.

It usually consists of, the SIP server, sometimes a Proxy server, sometimes a user name (number), and generally a password or authentication ID/name.

Is the Adtran Netvanta 3120 a router,or simply a switch/firewall?

the voip provider install a modem in each customer location so the internet access is independant

and the netvanta 3120 is a router with 1 wan interface and 4 switchport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.