• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sip Trunk - Unregistred Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numa Neto

Reaction score
Hi guys , my first post. Sorry If i write by wrong way.

In my company (ISP) , we have a "sip trunk " provided by another company. The service work fine with Softphone, but when i registre my 3CX virtual appliance , in first moment works like a charm. A few minutes later the trunk is unavailable. I've vetted the issues of connectivity, routing, DNS, and so on. Currently the appliance uses an internet IP directly (as we call here in Brazil, a valid ip), ie, it does not go through any type of NAT until arriving at my SIP provider. I am attaching an image of the LOG, if any of you have been through the same experience and want to share with me, I thank you.

Sem título.png

Are you using a 3CX supplied FQDN or your own? I think you said you are using a STATIC public IP address.
Have you run and passed the Firewall Checker tests?
Are you using IP registration for your SIP trunk or credential authentication?
Have you registered your IP address with your SIP provider so they can whitelist your server?

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Hi , thanks for the awnser.

Let the answers:
- I do not know if I understood correctly, I have the FDQN provided by 3CX running normally, but I use IP to perform my administrative accesses.

- About the Firewall test is ok.

- About the type of registration in the SIP provider. The company that provides me with the SIP trunk is the same one that provides Internet connectivity, even the IPS address block (/ 28) is provided by this same company. The authentication type is account based. What confuses me is that with Softphone it works normally, but with 3cx I can not have the same result.

Any ideas ?
Thanks .

Can't tell how far apart the registered and not-registered messages are. A trunk should generally remain registered for a half hour to an hour, depending on what the provider specifies during the first registration, unless you have set the time to a lower number. That said, the log would indicate that the provider is not reachable. This could be a DNS issue, or a general network problem.

You could try...changing the DNS server(s) you are currently using, or, in the 3CX trunk settings, replace "voiceone.srt.net.br" with the actual public IP so no look-up is needed, and see if that makes a difference. If it does, then you definitely have a DNS issue.

Hi guys.
About testing the IP of the SIP server directly with the IP is a test that I had already done. As said the big "mystery" is that with softphone (x-lite, zoiper), works very well. I talked yesterday with the sip account provider and he told me that the account I have is not an account for "sip trunk", he said I should add a "normal" account and not "sip trunk". I was confused about this. Any idea what an "sip trunk" account would be?

They might mean "trunk", as in DID trunk, with the associated optional information being sent (a DID number). Many providers will supply settings for devices such as ATA's or simple VoIP sets, with the understanding that that is what the majority of their single line (primarily residential) customers will be using. This doesn't mean that a "trunk" from 3CX will not work, it should. They should be able to tell you what it is, that they are seeing, at their end, that might explain why this is happening.

I agree with you,
Tt is a holiday in Brazil today, but tomorrow I will contact my provider to resolve this issue.
Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.