• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SIP Trunk Vitelity Busy Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishtech

Reaction score
I have a 3cx system set up behind a SonicWall TZ200 with all necessary ports forwarded. I have keep alives enabled on the 3cx system. I have set the TCP and UDP timeout time to a reasonable number. Everything will be working fine and then randomly when dialing in a user will get a busy signal, hang up and redial and call goes right through. Log never shows that a failure has occurred, but the CDR states that the line was indeed busy. Nobody will be on the line, internal or external when this behavior occurs. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

A packet capture from the server would help much. wireshark.org
Alternatively, what does the log say? If it makes it on the report the log would help.

I've seen this before with Vitelity, it has usually been a firewall issue. The packets don't get to the 3CX server before Vitelity determines the call was rejected. If you have the Vitelity number configured for failover you will see the call transferred to the failover connection instead of a busy signal.

I'm guessing you will see the traffic coming to the router from Vitelity (if Sonicwall can let you see packets like MikroTik RouterOS) but then you will not see traffic hitting the 3CX server from the router. The call fails at the router.

I solved this by using MikroTik routers and dumping the rest. All my Voip WAN connections are now running exclusively with MikroTik RouterOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.