SIP TRUNKING and OCS 2007 r2

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ienaxxx, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ienaxxx

Hi all,
    we have OCS 2007 r2 up and working here (a lot of job has been made with MS integrations).
    This kind of product is able to forward external PSTN calls through a NON AUTHENTICABLE SIP TRUNK (there is no way to insert user and pw).
    My question is simple:
    can 3cx phone system accept this kind of sip trunking becoming my OCS2007 PSTN gateway?

Do i need the enterprise version?
    How to do that?

Thanks In advance.
    Diego.

2. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Hello
    You can configure what authentication method should be used for SIP trunk in 'Source ID' tab. You can set for Call Source Identification for instance 'Host Part' and check if this is OCS IP address. But what next? In typical situation you should define incoming DIDis associated with the trunk and route them to specified ext, DR, Group or external number. How do you plan to use 3CX as PSTN gateway? Honestly - I think I don't understand your idea.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

We have no support for OCS 2007 - its best you find another product or rely on the basic telephony features included in OCS itself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ienaxxx

Someone told me there is a wiki configuring OCS with 3cx. you only need the enterprise version

5. ienaxxx

The idea is to call and receive from OCS 2007 using 3cx as the next-hop connection from the mediation server as follows.

SIP provider -------- 3cx -------- OCS 2007 R2 -------- client PC w/MOC
    __________________|
    __________________|
    SIP Desk Phones

(don't mind the underscore lines: it's for graphic representation).

The idea is from the fact that the MOC client is integrating in our Navision 3.70 (future 5.00) env. 'cause the MOC client simply become the default interpreter of tel:xxxxx links and we used this feature to start that Wshell command from inside a field operation on the phone number field of our navision.
    Furthermore we are an IT company and we would like to propose both the solutions:
    OCS 2007 for the large enterprises that wants to federate and use advanced presence, meetings and A/V conferences and IM (perhaps with 3cx ent. as the gateway with their SIP providers).
    3cx ent. for small offices that just wants to save on phone bill.

Goodbye!

6. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

I am not understanding your post, sorry.

We do not support any form of integration with OCS 2007.

If you want to support Navision in your system, this is possible - you could write a small app to integrate with our 3CX assistant - its very easy to do. That way you can launch calls from navision, without the need for OCS

7. ienaxxx

OK, thank you.

8. ciscotech2007

3CX only allows authenticated gateways and OCS does not provide an gateway authentication mechanism with 3CX. I am sure there's hacks and ways to partically make 3CX function with OCS but none are fully functional.

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Actually 3CX does allow unauthenticated gateways or trunks.

However OCS is more or less a proprietary solution with many gotchas for connection. It can be done, but we have not spent time on documenting it and do not see the real value for a customer. These are 2 competing platforms and its best for customers to choose which is best for them rather then try to make them talk together which will result in a 'patched' and suboptimal solution. There are some pbx solutions out there that do some basic 'integration' but in reality not practical . If you want OCS, go get OCS and stick to it, phones and all.....

10. chrisneal

I understand that we think OCS and 3CX have competing products but really they complement each other very well... OCS is our standard for Desktop to Desktop IM, Video, Audio, etc. However, we really don't want to also have to run 3CX Voip phone..
    #1. Communicator takes over the integration with Outlook for out call and incoming call journal.
    #2. With the integration in Application sharing in the Office Suite 2010 planned for Communicator 2010. 3CX will not be able to match this integration.

Really it would be good if we could make the two talk.

If 3CX isn't willing to do it.. Is someone else interested in developing a OCS Mediation to 3CX Gateway?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.