SIP Trunking with Cisco Call Manger Express

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by alicic, Oct 18, 2007.

1. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo,

I have a Cisco Call Manager Express running on Router 2801 with 2 BRI Interfaces, running SIP protocol and have some SIP Clients registerd with it. Outbound calls are made through BRI Interfaces using this Router.

On my network I have also installed 3CX Phone System and have registered some extensions with it.

I would like to make SIP trunk between 3CX and Cisco Router, since both are running SIP protocol, and be able to call SIP extension that are registerd with Cisco Call Manager Express and vica versa.

I would also like to make outbound calls from 3CX Extensions through this Cisco Router.

Does anybody have idea how to make this SIP trunking with other SIP Proxy Servers?

Waiting for responses,

regards,

2. alicic

alicic New Member

Anybody,

Does 3CX SIP Server supports SIP Trunking with other SIP Proxy Server?

3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Not possible on currtent version, version 4 will support SIP trunking with another 3CX server at least, dont know if will work with 3rd party Sip Proxy's.

Cheers

4. alicic

alicic New Member

Thanx man,

Hope version 4 will support SIP trunking with other SIP Proxy Servers,

regards,

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Beside 3CX-to-3CX bridge, we have tested V4 to work with some SIP trunk providers like broadvox. It works.
    Is it what you need?

6. alicic

alicic New Member

I tis ok, 3CX to 3CX bridging. And it is also ok with SIP Service Providers.

But imagine you have 3CX Phoen SIP Server at One location (Head Quarter) and in the branch office have another location running other SIP IP PBX solution and simply you want to link this to solution through SIP trung to place calls between these two locations,

it is what I mean ;-),

regards

7. LORD ORION

I haven't tried, but right now, can't you just make a dial plan with DID? Clunky but should be doable?

3cx1 (all extensions begining with "2") -> Generic VoIP <- 3cx2 (all extensions begin with "3" or whatever)

Call 202 on 3CX2 -> Outbound rules feed it to the VoIP "gateway" to 3CX1. 3CX1 sees 202 and has a DID rule that sends it to extension 202?

You'd have to make a DID for every extension... ;)

8. vovalle

SIP trunking

Where can i get the config to set up sip trunking on 3CX pbx with broadvox?

9. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Re: SIP trunking

Sip Trunking not yet avaiable, so there is no configuration for it yet... Wait for version4 to be released.

Cheers

10. alicic

alicic New Member

Ok,

I suppose it will be possible to make SIP Trunking with other SIP Servers than 3CX,

Will it be?

regards

11. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Just describe what is a "SIP Trunking" and requirements to make it with "other SIP Servers than 3CX".

Thanks

12. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

He mans Sip Trunking with some Providers that can work like that.... and i know i saw on some post, that would be possible yes. With another 3CX and with some Voip Providers...

Cheers

13. alicic

alicic New Member

Ok I will explain.

For example in LAN network you have 3CX SIP Server with some SIP Phone registerd to it.
    On the same LAN network (may be the same subnet or other subnet) you have also other SIP Server (like Cisco Call Manager Express running SIP protocol) with SIP phones registered to it.

Trunking means "linking these SIP Servers" so you can make calls between SIP Phones registered to 3CX Phone System and SIP Phones registerd to Cisco SIP Server.

The same Should work acros the WAN.
    That is what is meant by trunking ;-)

regards,