Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SIP URL to Call Assistance not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by seetarc, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seetarc

I have notices that SIP URL to Digital Receptionist does not work that is;

I have my Digital Receptionist as 800
    PBX Server as pbx.mydomain.com
    Then i configured my DID to send calls to 800@pbx.mydomain.com

This configuration does not work in ver8 and ver9 but worked in ver7 downwards. I was hoping ver 9 will rectify this.

However, as a work around. if i create a dummy ext 100 and forward all calls to ext 100 to Digital Receptionist (800) and when I call my DID # forwarded to 100@pbx.mydomain.com then Digital Receptionist picks up.

Any idea ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Why are you not using inbound rules to do this?

Set an inbound rule for the did to forward to the digital assistant on 800. Thats what the inbound rules are for.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. seetarc

Inbound rule will not work in this case as i don't know the number that calls could be calling form. Inbound rule is for numbers you know and you want to route accordingly. Thanks

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

No it isnt :)

Inbound rule is for DIDs. it looks at the sip TO field not FROM field. Trust me i have 29 set up.

you can use either the DID/DDI Name, or the DID/DDI number/mask (i tend to use the latter). Put in the number that the users will CALL (eg 555-555-5555) and chose the port it will come in on (ie your voip provider)

Then configure office hours to go to Connect to Digital Assistant. Optionally choose something for out of office hours.

5. seetarc

thanks abc123, Am not using a VoIP Provider. That is, i did not connect via a username/password. I am sending calls using sip url from my DID Provider

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

ahh my mistake - I didnt realize that.

I dont believe you can use IVR urls (ie for digital assistants) so you may have to stick with your dummy url.

The only other thing I can suggest is to put wireshark on the pbx and capture the trace and see what we can find. You can post it here or email it to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.