SIPGATE and Outgoing Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by welocomtech, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. welocomtech

Hello,

we are from germany and use Sipgate as VoIP provider for outgoing calls. If we place a call direct from the phone (snom 320) you can make the call without any problems. If you use the VoIP client in desk mode to place a call via tapi from Outlook you can´t hear the other side but they can hear you. We have made a lot of tests and check the firewall but everything is fine. We believe that this only happens with sipgate, cause with another VoIP provider the problems is fixed. Does anybody have a solution for this issue and is it a problem from 3cx or from sipgate?

When you use sipgate-template in the 3cx server from germany you have to change the servername from sipgate.co.uk to sipgate.de!

Greeting Ralph

2. h2009

h2009 Member

I've found that this problem is caused by the codec used by the client vs the phone.
    Its like when i download software for my mac to call internal extensions i can't hear the digital records (i.e. voicemail) from 3CX server. This is because of the codec employed and/or the setup of how the signal is translated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.