Sipgate fails to register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HatchITMan, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HatchITMan

I have just upgraded our system from 5.0 to 5.1 build 4078. I backed up the old system before the uninstall of V5.0 and the install of V5.1. When I restored the settings I found I had to re-enter the authentication keys for all the extensions and for the Linksys 3102a gateway. These then worked allright. I have re-entered all the information for Sipgate, and even deleted the provider and created a new entry, but the line fails to register. No entries are made in the server log for registration attempts on this line.

My system fails the firewall test in the same way as it did on V5.0:-

1 9000 Error (4) The STUN server returned an ip which is not accessible from outside. addrFromSTUN =
    XX.XXX.XXX.XX:59545
    2 9000 Warning (10) Port is open, but port number has been changed. In many cases, this will present a problem and cause one way audio or no inbound calls. See this FAQ: http://www.3cx.com/support/firewal-checker.html externalAddress =
    XX.XXX.XXX.XX:59545

However, with V5.0 Sipgate worked perfectly.

Anyone got a solution to this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is not a 5.0 or 5.1 problem. If your firewall check fails, then there is an issue with your Port Address Translation setup. You MUST use static port mapping. In fact you can see that the results returned is a very high port.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HatchITMan

Why do I see no entries in the Server Log for an attempt to register? As I said before, the line registered and worked OK before the upgrade!

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Check if STUN servers are set in General Settings / STUN server options

5. HatchITMan

Tried everything with no luck, so as a last resort uninstalled then reinstalled again. Works like a charm now.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.