Sipgate trunk problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IJT, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IJT

IJT

Hi

I have a Sipgate connection which has been working fine. For some reason it has started to behave oddly, in that I can establish an external call but I only receive one way audio, likewise I cannot receive external calls to the SIP DID.

So I closed down the 3CX service and ran up the X-Lite client - and of course the client could make and receive calls without any issue.
    I terminated the X-Lite client. Then started the 3CX and although the trunk appears to be up at both ends, I can only make outgoing calls with one-way audio.

In the server log, I have the following error message - obviously X.X.X.X equates to my local public IP address of the Internet router.

22:10:24.171 [MS105000] C:1.2: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=217.10.67.2:19646,extAddr=X.X.X.X:63282,localAddr=X.X.X.X:63282

22:10:24.015 [MS105000] C:1.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=192.168.1.69:40004,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=192.168.1.11:7000

Originally thought it could be the router but that hasn't changed and X-Lite works fine with the Sipgate trunk.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

IJT

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One way audio problems generally indicate a router/ port forwarding problem. Check that you have all the necessary ports forwarded, in your router, to the (fixed) IP of the PC running 3CX. Ports 5060 (TCP/UDP), generally 9000 to 9015(UDP), (perhaps going even higher if you make a lot of outside VoIP calls). 3478 (STUN TCP/UDP) and if NOT using STUN, 10000 to 20000 (RTP). Look in the logs and make sure that on start-up that 3CX can get out to the STUN server.

3. IJT

IJT

Hi

Having check the packets coming into the 3CX, I notice that when calls come in, the 3CX doesn't respond to SIP Invites.

I can call out but only get one-way audio.

When I use the SIPGate client (closing down the 3CX) everything works fine.

really odd.

any ideas?

4. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. IJT

IJT

Well I have Wireshark on the 3CX server

Incoming calls fail and when I look at the packets, Sipgate are send to Dest port of 53517 with their Src port being 5060

It repeats it several times and then gives up (timer).

I have check the 3CX boot up process and I only see 5060 being sent to Sipgate. In fact it is also registering correctly with the Sipgate STUN servers. So all looks correct from the 3CX point of view (or at least I believe it is)

So I am assuming that Sipgate are doing something different and causing the grief - am guessing their firewall/router is doing something odd?

Any thoughts?

Ian

6. Discovery Technology

Maybe try switching on symmetrical RTP in 3CX?

Seems odd that your system was originally working though - have you spoken with Sipgate to see if they have changed anythign at their end?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Have you checked your software firewall?

8. IJT

IJT

have checked all components so am currently checking provider and Sipgate to see if anything has been introduced or added

Certainly odd as everything has been working for some time and even after I upgraded 3CX to the latest revision

So will wait to see what happens although I will check the symmetrical RTp

9. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

I hope this is not another case of ISP's interfering with VoIP traffic. There is always a reason, Networks & Servers just don't go down with out human intervention.

The RTP port does look wrong however.

10. IJT

IJT

well I made contact with the service provider today - of course nothing has changed their end !!

So I tried again after 1-hour and guess what - it worked!!!!

Sipgate say they haven't changed anything, but the trace at 09:30 this morning showed a failure and another trace taken at 14:00 shows it working !! The correct SIP ports - so looks like Sipgate had been messing around last week so perhaps its something related to it working with the 3CX compared to a residential softphone.

Very frustrating!

Many thanks for all of your help.

regards, IJT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.