Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sipgate

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Realvisual, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realvisual

Hi everyone,
    We are about to start using 3CX and are quite excited. Currently we are using sipgate and intend to use this with 3CX. I have one fundamental question that I can't find the answer too.

We have extensions, groups, routing options etc setup on sipgate (we use business not personnel) and I need to know if during the registration, these will come across or if we need to start again.

Either way is fine. If we need to reconfigure, can someone confirm all of our numbers etc can still be used?
    Many thanks!!
    Nick

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The Sipgate trunk registered to 3CX will expect the same digits that you were previous sending (from a SIP set?). You will need to create outbound rules to satisfy this, and, possibly, make some modifications at the Sipgate end. If Sipgate was acting as a PBX, with a PBX dialling plan, then you are now "bridging" one PBX to another.

3. Realvisual

Thanks for this... I have asked sipgate if we can cancel subscription to the online pbx otherwise we are still paying monthly charges for what we are not using.

Think it may be too complicated and to that end, will need to port to another provider. Looking forward to having the freedom of 3CX.
    Thanks for your advice! As non VoIP savy people, it's all a bit of a mine field.

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.