• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sipura 3102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahir

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hi,
I currently have a Sipura 3102 which is connected to our PSTN line and then links into our 3CX system and I am having a couple of issues I was hoping someone could assist with.

1) The Sipura 3102 does not seem to show any last caller ID and as such this information is not passed to our 3CX box.
2) I have changed all the regional settings as indicated on various forums for the UK but when we receive a call through the Sipura 3102 it seems to drop the call mid way through the conversation.
3) I need to know the settings required to allow us to dial out through the Sipura 3102 so we can use our PSTN line for outbound calls.

Can anyone assist with the above?

Some fairly major issues. Was this just installed?

What do you mean by "last caller ID", do you mean there is no caller ID at all?

First be sure that you have the latest firmware load in the 3102, it may not be necessary, but is a good idea. The Cisco site should still have this available even though the unit has been discontinued (unfortunately). The regional settings for CID must be correct, or it isn't going to work. In the UK, I've heard that various providers (cable companies) use various methods, some being different from the BT standard. So...it may depend on who you get your PSTN service from, as to what settings you use. If you are unsure, speak to them. Be sure that you actually do have the CID service. Check that using a standard caller ID device on the line. In many (most?) cases, this service is an extra charge so don't assume it is on the line if you aren't being billed for it.

As far as dropping the call...How often is this happening...every call, incoming and outgoing? Does it happen at the same time, every time? In the 3102 status page, it will show the reason for the last disconnect. The 3CX server logs may also provide some information. It might be one of the settings that detects silence causing a call drop a call when there is no longer a conversation.

3CX used to have a web page with all of the setting necessary to get the 3102 working, but, sadly, that no longer seems to be available, as the device is not considered "supported". It's been a while since I set-up one, but can provide you with the settings in the next day or two.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The last called ID is blank on the SPA3102 as though its not being passed, I assumed we would have it but now checking the PSTN display on the phone handsets it only shows 'Incoming Call' so maybe it is not enabled for this PSTN line. We use our VOIP trunk more and that seems to have it enabled by default so that's possibly where the confusion may be.

We use a Virgin Media PSTN line. Would you be able to confirm the settings you have at hand so I can then ask if necessary for the appropriate fields as I am certain when I call Virgin they wont have a clue about what I am requesting and as such possibly try to end the call without any assistance.

I have now updated the firmware for the device to the latest revision but need to know how I can enable outbound PSTN through 3CX so we can use the line and test it. I have not tested the call dropout since the firmware update, it only occurred on the one phone call whilst the unit was being tested and as it dropped the call we have decided not to use it in the production environment just yet without further testing.

I will await for your assistance on the SPA3102 settings so I can test further.

I would contact Virgin and ask...firstly if the option is even on the line, and secondly, what method that they use to deliver it. It may be that they use the Bellcore standard (FSK) as used in North America, rather than BTs method. If that is the case, then, not only do the setting have to be changed to reflect that, you also have to have at least a 3 second delay before the CID is passed to the PBX, as it is sent between the first and second ring.

I will try to dig up some info on the datafill for outbound calls, in the ,meantime, I'm going to assume that yu are already using the 3102 for incoming calls. and that you have assigned the gateway a static (local) IP. And, that you are not using the FXS port, or it is to be completely separated from the FXO (PSTN) port. The PSTN port in the 3102 defaults to 5061. that same port number MUST be in that trunks settings in 3CX. 3CX does not rely on a gateway to register to learn it's IP and port number which is a good reason to assign it a static IP.

Have you created an outbound rule to send a call to the 3102?

Do you still require some help with outbound calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.