• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Site to Site VPN and provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Catherall

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a site to site (A & B) VPN (Cyberoam routers at each site) 3CX PBX located at Site A. Site A has a separate VDSL line on a Draytek router which the SIP is using (on same subnet as Cyberoam). I was thinking that maybe because each site can see each others subnet (ie: I can access MS servers to/from each site) that the phone provisioning (Yealink T42G) at the remote Site B would work in the same way as it did on the LAN at Site A... not the case. Do I need to introduce a static route on site B's cyberoam to point directly to 3CX? I'm at a bit of a loss here. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In most cases, when using VPN, everything will be seen to be on the same network, so provisioning should be no issue. The fact that you are suggesting a static route may need to be set up, infers that isn't the case, in your situation. I'm not familiar with the Cyberoam device so I don't know what options are available to you.

How are you provisioning the phones? Your best bet is to use Option 66 unless you are allowing multicast over the VPN. The server and phones work great when on the same subnet as the multicast PNP works. If it isn't or not sure, set option 66 on the DHCP server on both sites to the provisioning url of the PBX and it should work out of the box.

--Tracy

Thanks everyone, It turned out to be a router problem. I've managed to get 3 handsets provisioned - though I had to add them manually - The phones didn't show up automatically like they did when local to the server. Anyway, 3 provisioned OK - but now the rest I'm trying to provision are showing as 'register failed' very weird. I'll post a new thread relating to this issue. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.