Sizing VM for Vmware debian image

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by max999, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max999

I did not found the hardware sizing (RAM - CPU - harddrive) for the Debian VM Installation?

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. max999

That mean the windows system needs the same ressouces as the Linux, that could not be right?

4. iwatts

"less" would be fine.

My Jessie VPS on OVH chews 8.9G, includes a Unifi controller and 3CX.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Obviously each system uses and needs different specifications depending on use and size. For example someone with 20 extensions and no call recordings does not need the same amount of storage as someone with call recordings. It is always best to overestimate and be on the safe side than finding your resources not being enough.

6. 3cxBora

We have testing 3cx v15 Linux on ESXi 6.0 using local RAID1 SATA drives, 2 GB RAM and 4 vCPU (2 socket) for 12 extension with 8SC.

One the issue is intermittent drop connection from remote phone via VPN. VPN is working when we noticed "no service" on the Yealink phone and after 1 minutes, the Yealink is connected again and runs normal.

We other another VM on the same VMware ESXi running Windows 2012 r2 without any issue or does not have drop connection. The ESXi server has 32 GB RAM and are not all allotted.

We are still trying to figure it is 3cx Linux or NIC driver or something else causing the issue.

Anyone running 3cx on VMware ESXi and want to share their configuration?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,
    Bora

7. max999

I have VMware 6. And I am installing the Debian Image. I have the Problem that the vm has DHCP and I want fixed IP address - but in the Installation process - the IP settings can not be changed. And when the installation is ready - the web console is desployed with the wrong address?

8. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. max999

why should we use the standard Image when there is also a special Image from 3cx? we hat yet installed the 3CX Software on a Windows System and want to migrate to the Linux Image.

10. 3cxBora

one of the issue I noticed on 3cx Linux is the error:

"Web server is not responding to requests. Contact administrator"

I have refresh the browser or change the URL to the default home webconole to resolve the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.