SJPhone doesn't Hung up the call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mogan, Apr 3, 2007.

1. mogan

Hello, I'm trying Your software and have this problem.
    When I make a test-call with any voip software (tried xlite & sjphone) the destination number phone doesn't stop to ring when i press the hung up button on the voip software.
    Making "A" the pc with installed the voip software and "B" the destination of the call, if i call B from A and B doesn't answer, if A press the "hung up button", B doesn't stop to ring and if B (after A pressed the hung up button) answer the phone call I get charged for the cost of the time "B" stay connected "hello ... hello!??".
    Pheraps if B answer the phone the call continue normally and if A press the Hung up button it ends up.
    I'm using 3CX Phone System v3.0.1699.0 free version installed on the same machine running voip software. I'm connecting to internet via router where i opened these ports:
    from 5060 to 5061 (my sip provider use 5061 instead of 5060) UDP
    3478 UDP
    from 9000 to 9003 UDP
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks
    Marco

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

from 9000 to 9003 UDP they are only working if your extension is configured as external device.

from 7000 to 7500 need to be open if you are using bind to media server in your extension configuration.

That your extension remains ringing or does not disconnect after A hangs up has to do with the Call Progress Tones. If you use an ATA or IP phone it can also have to do with your one and off hook voltage.

Does B disconnect by itself after a while? if so you might have to look for a timer that checks if there is a call going. It might be that the "static" or 'Noice" is of such a level on your network that the VoIP phone things the confersation is still going.

Using the same Codecs at all the devices will help aswell.

H.

3. mogan

I tried with another sip provider and it works fine now. With the same exact configuration (except the sip proxy ;) one provider is working the other doesn't.
    the problem is that if i place a call from an extension to my mobile (gsm) phone using xlite or others voip software (tried also sjPhone) and if I terminate the call (on the voip software) before the mobile answers the call, the mobile doesn't stop to ring, and if it answer i get charged for the cost of the call.
    I think is depending on the fact that the not functioning provider is using port 5061 and not 5060 ...
    Sorry for my english :D
    Bye
    Marco

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Marco,

Your english is fine :).

Could you let us know the provider which you tried with which it works and the one with which it does not work? Just for our reference...

5. mogan

Yes, they are both Italian provider:
    The working one is Skypho (Eutelia) http://www.skypho.net
    sip proxy voip.eutelia.it
    port 5060
    stun stun.voip.eutelia.it
    port 3478

The not working one is Messagenet (http://www.messagenet.it)
    sip.messagenet.it
    port 5061
    no stun server

Thanks
    Marco