Skype™ Connect (SIP)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jimboy Cabillo, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimboy Cabillo

I'm new with the 3CX Phone System, I've found it when I was searching for a free standalone PBX.

Our company has POLYCOM SoundPoint IP 320 SIP IP Phones and I tried one of it on 3CX Gateway for Skype where I can use the IP Phone as my incoming call device through 3CX Phone System.

We are planning to use our IP Phones to connect and make calls on Skype through Skype Manager's Skype Connect (SIP). As instructed by Skype, we need to register the Skype SIP Profile on our PBX, the problem is, we never had the access on our main PBX device.

The question is, can we use the 3CX Phone System for registering those Skype SIP Profiles on the PBX itself?

The Skype SIP's address is sip.skype.com, where should I put this address up?

I configured the 3CX Gateway for Skype on PSTN devices, how about the Skype SIP?

When I created the Skype SIP Profile, they gave me 2 option on registering the Profile to the PBX, I'd rather choose IP Authentication method as I think it is much easier. I just typed down the Public IP Address of my 3CX Phone System. After that, Skype gave my details to configure the PBX:

Skype Connect addresses

Primary - 2.sip.skype.com (204.9.161.164)
    Secondary - 1.sip.skype.com (63.209.144.201)

Where am I going to set this SIP address up on my 3CX Phone System?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is Skype SIP, then you would set up (create) a trunk as you would with any other SIP provider. There are templates that 3CX has created for some of the better known (and known to work properly with 3Cx) providers. I haven't checked to see if there is one for Skype SIP yet. If there isn't just use the Generic SIP trunk selection. The Skype Connect address would go in where the SIP server address goes. I don't recall there being a place for a second (backup) server address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.