Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Skype Connect Incoming Call Failure

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ben.mcgeever, Mar 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ben.mcgeever

Hi

Testing the evaluation version and setup a Skype connect profile with a number so we could test out operation

I have outgoing calls working, but I cannot get an incoming call. Calling the number just end in "the wireless customer you are calling...." The Skype connect log shows that the call was received and fwd to the SIP number, but nothing appears at the 3CX end.

I have opened every port possible, run the firewall check, checked the logs. nothing.

Anyone have any experience that can help?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This would tend to indicate that the Skype number (or the number you are calling), is reaching , or is forwarded to, a mobile phone that is not available and has no voicemail.

What SIP number??

Forwarded to a SIP number that then ends up at 3CX?

Does the 3CX log show any signs an incoming call? If not, then you need to figure out where the calls are actually going, some mobile phone from the sounds of it.

3. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

The fact that you mention call forwarding sounds like you might not have things setup correctly. Once you've setup a SkypeConnect account, you need to create a SIP Profile for your 3CX server. This is where you will get the SIP trunk information. Once you have the SIP trunk information, you would use that to create the SIP trunk in 3CX. No forwarding involved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ben.mcgeever

Resolved.

Looks like it was a port forwarding issue. I reset the router to get a clean start on the port forwarding rules, and then added some port forwarding rules back it.

Its interesting that throughout the problem the firewall checker was working perfectly. so I'm guessing its not checking everything?

One mistake I made was to open a bunch of ports, so I'm not sure if all of them are necessary

Opened:
    Both 5000-5100
    Both 9000-9100
    Both 50000-60000
    UDP 53
    UDP 69

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.