Skype Connect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael1973, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael1973

Hi there!

Does anyone know how I configure 3cx to make outbound calls to skype accounts? We have a skype connect sip profile in place and can receive calls from skype accounts to our 3cx server but I have know idea how to configure 3cx to make outbounds calls to skype accounts. Do the skype accounts in question need their own online number as the skype connect documentation states? How do I set up and outbound rule on 3cx to an skype account? I have this working nicely with the 3cx skype gateway for inbound and outbound calls to skype accounts and would appreciate and assitance anyone could give with configuring skype connect and 3cx server.

Also has anybody got this working for outbound calls working with Skype connect.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, we have set this up for a few clients for both in and out going calls.

you cant call by skype names as of yet on 3CX, so you will need the skpe person to have a number to dial.

are you only using Skype on 3CX?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michael1973

Hi Dave,

N o we are using several interfaces. The problem I have had is getting the correct information on how to set Skype Connect up with 3cx. Can you let me know what I need to do for the outbound settings for the skype voip settings? According to skype for outgoing calls they state that you must ensure that in the FROM field in the sip message to include your skype sip username. How do i add this to 3cx? There are three FROM fields that I could chose, From: User Part, From: Display Name and From: Host Part.

Thanks in advance

Michael

4. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, I will see if i can do a video guide on this tomorrow and post on Youtube and a link here to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. axion1

You can call skype alias directly from 3cx softphone, or using the 3cx desktop component. You have just to make an outbound route that say (for example) : if number to dial begin by 99, then remove the 99 and send the call to skype gateway.
    With that, if i dial 99toto form my 3cx softphone, or desktop component, 3cx send a call to "toto" on skype network.
    It works fine for us like that

6. whitewhite

Hi axion1, I recently setup the Skype Connect to the phone system. After reading your reply, I tried to use your method to call the skpe user from my SPA303. It doesn't work. Error: Unknow ID. I wonder if it causes because you are using skype gateway but I am using skype connect. What skype version you are using now?

7. geedee

Hi
    axion01 is right but a further setting is required for it to work.

I am also presently trying to relocate information.

Has any one out there have the "how to" link of Steve Corrigan's (3Cx) on how to make outgoing rule with

a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z

for outbound skype calls?

This option worked very well!

Can anybody help?

8. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

To clear up some confusion on Skype here. First Skype Connect says you cannot call Skype alias through Skype Connect, only if they have a number to dial can this work. You can call Skype users from 3CX and it is very simple. Kevin wrote up a guide on Outbound rules here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/outb ... e-example/ and Skype is listed here. Also if you read the blog post about SP2 for V10 it does mention you can call Skype alias in MyPhone, the instructions are in the blog post regarding SP2. If you are looking for info a quick search on the blog will find it for ya.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.