Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Skype connect

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

is it possible with skype connect and 3 cx to dial skype name from ip phone? Is it enough to configure Skype SIP trunk on 3cx and take an ip phone which supporting alpha numeric dialing? If not what do I need expect that?

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Others may have come up with another solution, but, this is what I've done. (This has come up a number of times in the past)

You will soon realize that this is not a good solution if you are calling a lot of Skype user names.

You create a short dial code in the outbound rules for each Skype name you wish to call (I told you it isn't great if you call a lot of people)...

So, if you wanted to call john4457 at Skype, create a code that does not conflict with you current dialling plan.

Dial 123, remove 3 digits, and replace with john4457, send out on the Skype trunk.

You could use any number (or range) you want, as long as it does not conflict with other entries on the outbound rules.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi leejor,

I just saw your old post (yes I searched the forum after i ask a question :D ), thanks for the the reply

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Create outbound rule

prefix
    a,b,c,d, ... ,x,w,z,A,B,C,D, ... ,X,Y,Z

... - is other letters added using the pattern

Then configure route it to external line which will understand this "number"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.