Skype Crashing Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by arkitekt, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkitekt

I'm running into a problem after installing the Skype gateway --- I can't get Skype to run on this computer anymore even after uninstalling the Skype Gateway. I need Skype working and have decided for the moment to not connect Skype to the PBX.

Please help if anyone has suggestions, I have re-installed Skype on the system and get the same results.

Thanks

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Which gateway it's about? 1.0 or the 2.0 Beta?

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. arkitekt

Hi Vali,

This was the 2.0 gateway --- after I uninstalled the Skype gateway and reinstalled Skype 4.1 the standard skype on the machine worked again, I don't currently need the Skype gateway I was just testing for another user who I am going to set this system up for.

Thanks for your reply, it's my understanding that if you run the skype gateway that same machine can't run another instance of Skype for the desktop user. Would this be correct?

Nathan

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Moved this thread to the Skype Forum where it will get the proper attention.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Nathan

Partially correct. We tried to avoid simultaneous running Skype clients ONLY during configuration time. Once the gateway is started (therefore, as a service) this restriction is no longer needed - for instance, when I'm doing Skype tests, I start the gateway then, on the same machine, I start MY Skype account to test what I want.
    (The reason of this restriction is an issue in the Skype "interactive support", which gateway use - due this issue, gateway might get "confused" when more than one Skype client is running at the same time)

Regards
    vali

6. arkitekt

Thanks for the clarification Vali -- in that case, have you tested the 2.0 gateway with the Skype 4.1 version? I'm thinking maybe my problem was that I didn't turn off the existing Skype (I can't remember) before installing the gateway, but wondered if you have tested with 4.1 as that's the version I was using.

Great software, I'm only having one issue right now, I don't know where the problem is but my voicemail messages are choppy --- I don't miss any information but it appears to have pauses in the message ... not sure if that's the computer's resources causing the problem or something else.

Thanks for the info

Nathan

7. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Nathan

On my development computer I have Skype 4.1 Beta installed - I've installed it one week after they released it, to test it with the gateway, and everything seems OK. As a positive thing (for the gateway, of course :mrgreen: ) I have to mention that the memory optimization it does to Skype is even more efficient to 4.1 compared to 4.0 (4.0 requires ~43MB optimized to ~18MB, 4.1 requires ~60MB optimized to ~16MB).

The choppy sound on voicemail I observed also, we will have to check from where it comes from and if/how it can be fixed.

Thank you for your feedback.
    Regards
    vali

8. arkitekt

Hey Vali,

thanks for the update, any word on the choppy voicemail issue? Everything is working great for me but I end up with choppy voicemail messages that are somewhat frustrating to listen to. I'm looking forward to playing some additional features soon, we've really just been using one main voicemail box right now ringing several different extensions.

Thanks,

Nathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.