Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Skype disconnects 3CX VoIP Calls

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Llafner, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Llafner

I have a small dilema with Skype and the 3CX VoIP client, and I'm not sure how to solved it.

My Setup:
    Skype 4.0.0.227 running on desktop pc
    3CX VoIP Phone 3.1.8571.0 running on desktop pc ---> connect to 3CX PhoneSystem 7.1.7139 on server ---> LinkSys SPA-3102 PSTN gateway (regular phone line).
    PlanTronics 3-C550/CS60 USB Headset (wireless) connected to desktop PC
    Plantronics PerSonoCall running on desktop PC
    Windows Vista Business i64 with all updates
    Both Skype and 3CX uses the Plantronics headset as mic and speakers.
    Note! I do not use Skype as a gateway in 3CX.

So ... everything works like a charm! Can make and receive Skype "Internet" calls and 3CX phone calls (over regular phone line) using the Plantronics headset. Taking the headset out of its base even functions as off hooks in both apps, and putting it back works as onhook. Wooooooo! 8)

My dilema is that if I eg. am in a 3CX-call and Skype "rings", then the 3CX call is disconnected. :cry: Same works the other way.
    Since I do want to use same headset for both apps, and I don't want to put 3CX offhook or Skype "offline" manually each time I am in a call with the other app, I wonder ...

... if anyone have some bright idea how to solved this problem in a "flashy" way?

2. tpinnovations

tpinnovations Member

Any reason why you don't use the 3CX Skype Gateway?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.