• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Skype for SIP Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikunjBhalotia

Reaction score
Has anyone Tested Skype for SIP beta yet. I would love to know more about it as I want to set a multi channel skype account with 3cx. If someone has tested this out and works well for him. Please provide me with the correct configuration.

This sounds interesting, however, according to their documentation, "You cannot call people on Skype from your SIP-enabled PBX".

1.1.2 Skype for SIP Beta and outbound calls

With Skype for SIP Beta you can:
˚ Take advantage of Skype’s low cost global calling rates for calling landline and mobile numbers.
˚ Track and control the costs of outbound calls, using the BCP’s simple, real-time reporting tools.

Important:
You cannot call people on Skype from your SIP-enabled PBX.

Where do you read this information?

I see this:
Skype for SIP Open Beta
Enhance your PBX system with Skype for SIP
http://www.skype.com/business/products/pbx-systems/sip/benefits/#paddedContent

But I think that there is a problem with accounting of Skype for SIP. Because the subscription service is not alowed for Skype for SIP. So, you must pay per minute, monthly subscription is not supported for SIP calls.

Petr Zahradnik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.