• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Skype Gateway concurrent calls question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PERA-TECH

Reaction score
I have 3cx installed on a windows xp machine. I have 5 extensions setup with 5 ip phones. I aslo have a digital receptionist that basically plays a message that just routes the call to 1 of the 5 phones depending on the number selected in the message. I currently have 3cx for skype gateway configured with the one phone number on the master account as one port.

How many calls can come through concurrently if just ringing to the phone then after ringing goes to voicemail. What is the best way to have multiple concurrent calls.

Also what is the best solution for outgoing calls. Have looked at unlimited skype with the same number and skype for sip but not sure which one will work the best. Really only need 2 to 3 calls out at the same time at the most.

Is it best to use skype or should I just look at another voip sip provider to accomplish what i am doing.

have you a free 3cx version???

Hi,

The best solution really depends on several factors.

If you are using the free or mini version then there is a 4 concurrent call limit.

The hardware spec of your machine may well affect the number of calls concurrently as well.

skype can be good but then if you need to set the callerid to something other than allocated to a specific number then it may not be ideal.

Jonathan Hamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.