• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Skype Gateway Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinboo50

Reaction score
I need a bit of assistance with the Skype Gateway.

It rings but is refused. My 3cx extension shows it should ring to ext 20.

I have it installed on a different machine than the 3CX

3cx is on 192.168.1.72

Details uploaded.

Many Thanks.. Bruce

Attachments

• skype.jpg
    skype.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,837
Try and stop the skype gateway and start it again.

Also if this does not work try and make an OUTGOING call from the local Skpe to destination. Then call in - it should work.

Rebooted PC and the restarted Gateway... Same result.

Tried to call out and did not connect to Skype trunk.

Can you make a normal skype call?

Do you have audio drivers on the machine? (this is very important - otherwise it will not work without warning signals)

Yes.. from the skype client normal calls work fine....

When the skype is called from another skype client you can see the call come in on the skype client, however watching the 3CX Skype Trunk Status shows no activity. Same result trying to call out.. the Skype Trunk is never accessed. It is showing as Registered in 3CX.

Audio drivers are in place...

This is the only instance you have?

Can you show logs of the PBX (server activity logs) in verbose mode of an outgoing call?

Is Java allowed in Skype?

This is the last two attempts.. one incoming and one outgoing.

Thank you very much for your help.. Bruce

Attachments

• 3cxLog_093903163910.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 98
The call comes into the Gateway... and it comes into the Skype Client, however the call shows REFUSED in the Gateway.. and DECLINED in the Skype client. I can answer the call manually in the skype client.

sinboo50 said:
The call comes into the Gateway... and it comes into the Skype Client, however the call shows REFUSED in the Gateway.. and DECLINED in the Skype client. I can answer the call manually in the skype client.

Just had the same problem, looked at the log like yours, and it showed the extension did not answer.
I set it to go straight to voicemail and its accepted the call ok.

David

what is the number you are dialling?

What is the number that is received by the skype gateway (look in the command box)

I think there is a dial plan issue. Dial plan does not match, truncates the number from 3CX -> Skype Gateway
Arrives at skype in bad format - Skype can do nothing with this and declines.

Can you try dialling a skype id instead of a skype out number just for a test to see if this works at least?

I have been testing using a Skype ID...

Then what is the number in the logs? 7203394000

This is a skype out number (telepohone number)

Try the following - get a voip phone and dial (outbound rule) and type a SKYPE ID name. See if it works.

I also got similar problem.

can call out. it didn't show "REFUSED", it showed "INPROGRESS" and "FINISHED". But, no voice communication.

Should the headset device be a USB headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.