• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Skype Gateway Voice Cracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

glock9mmowner

Reaction score
Greetings Fellow Users,

I was a long time Magicjack user and wanted to have a system that allowed me to have better control. I downloaded 3cx and with minimal effort thanks to good documentation I was able to integrate Skype gateway and get calls going. I have noticed on incoming calls via the Skype PSTN, the voices seem to be too loud, causing voice cracking. There is not stutter, echo or anything else plaguing this system, (amazingly since I use Comcast) so this is the only real issue I have encountered. I have a Grandstream 286 ATA connected to the system internally with no external extensions. I adjusted the call volume within the ATA with no noticeable difference. I also tried placing calls via the 3cx VOIP client and the results are the same, so I could effectively rule out the ATA.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be most helpful and let me thank everyone in advance.

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.