Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Skype Gateway with Multiple Skype ID's - DID's random

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TotallyVoIP, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TotallyVoIP

I have the skype gateway set up with 7 skype accounts, and want to route the inbound calls separately, using DID inbound rules. It looks simple enough.
    Created the skype entries in the gateway one by one as they are entered on to the Ports/Trunks, making sure the PORT ID's matched and the SIP ports matched. All registered OK.

Not so bothered about outbound calls, but a simple rule a,b,c ...,x,y,z to route and pick 3 of the accounts to route to in the order, though later on I'd like to use the calling extension to define the outbound skpye id ... but again that should be straight forward !! ?

So on inbound, set each to have an inbound rule, 1 per skype "device" (or account name), set the DID rule mask to * and point each to a separate extension, simple?

However when you call a skpye ID from a skype account, it does not ring the extension you expect, and sometimes you make a single change (ie you think it is coming in using rules for ID4, rather than ID1, based on where it is ringing, so change ID4 to route to a NEW extension to prove the theory, and now the incoming call has moved to somewhere completely different !! ?

Is this a bug, or have I misunderstood how the gateway works?
    thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. simonhc

Hi Richard,

Could you explain how you got multiple skype accoutns working through the gateway? I have been trying to do this for a couple of days not and can't get the other accounts to register properly.

My first skype accoutn is registered and works as expected but when I add the second and third they just sit there with the message "not set".

Thanks in advance

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.