Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

skype gateway

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by greybeard, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greybeard

I originally set up the 3cx skype gateway with version 7/8 but have not had the need to use it.

several upgrades later - now using 3cx v10, skype has been upgrading itself? (now 5.5.59.124)

I have revisited it today and the connection between the skype client and the 3cx gateway no longer registers.

I went through the instructions again and notice there is no longer an extras option?

Is there a way out of this, or (as i noticed) do you have to install the skype business manager??

thanks

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Yes.
    Install an older version of Skype e.g. v5.1.0.112
    It works fine for me.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

And...disable the auto upgrade feature in Skype.

4. suria

I have the same problem i.e. the new version of Skype is 5.5xxx and does NOT have the option for Extras. Apparently it is now called APPs according to Skype. Now the Skype gateway will NOT register. Possible solutions ...

1. Install an older version of Skype ... where can I find an older version. It seems if you save the Skype program it just downloads a small file and NOT the whole program. I have such an installer file for v4.2, but it won't work as it cannot find the complete version 4.2 at skype.com

2. If we knew what the actual requirements where in Extras and can find those individual apps and download them that way. I may be incorrect here, but any assistance or input will help.

Thanks

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A search for "Skype" and the version number came up with many sites that have archives...such as http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=97

Or even older...http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=90

You must try a different search engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.