Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Skype-like Web Page Telephone Number Indenfier for 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sabrehagen, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrehagen

Hi,

Is there a plug in for any web browsers that allows phone numbers to be automatically detected in the page and made into a hyperlink that opens with 3CX and initiates a phone call to that number?

If not, is there a protocol that 3CX has that I can interface with and programmatically send numbers to 3CX phone and it will dial them?

Thanks.

2. sabrehagen

No word guys?

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Understand, the forums have been restored from the past.. replies may have been lost.

I believe the response you got was that you can utilize MyPhone's hotkey to capture selected/highlighted numbers and then dial them.. but I don't think anybody had that specific option to "link" phone numbers like the Skype option (which I can't stand and disable).

4. sabrehagen

Thanks for that Ian. Is there a guide anywhere you know of that details this myphone hotkey option?

I also hate the skype hyperlink feature, but it opened up the option of a 3CX API through which I could programmatically send a phone number to 3CX and dial it. The reason is I would like to integrate 3CX with a piece of custom software, where users can initiate a call from within my software. Do you know if 3CX has the option/API features to do this?

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Sabrehagen,
    For information on the hotkey option, just open up MyPhone and go to the preferences tab. You will see a selection for the quick dial hotkey which has a the little '?' you can mouse over for more info.

Check here for answers to your API question:

http://www.3cx.com/blog/support/integrating-3cx-phone-system/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.