• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Skype Line Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

markparker

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have another problem... I have now setup two accounts for the 3cx gateway. Account1 and Account2. Account1 is set to the master account.

When I skype to both 1 and 2 - I get busy - even though at the bottom of the screen.... all three boxes are saying its okay...

I've placed dialling rules on the outbound for route1 and 2 and they work okay... what am I doing wrong?

any ideas?

Mark

"Busy" status you get everytime when Skype is unable to make the call you want (ie itself is offline, down, busy, or remote one is offline, DND, busy, or when account/number is invalid or you don't have credit)

Also, Busy status you get everytime you try an outbound call "through" master and there are more "slaves" running - the reason is not to block n-Slaves-inbound calls by only outbound one.

Try to check if one of these situations match yours (especially - if you try to dial a phone number - to have credit and to specify the country code in front of your number, like <outbound_rule_prefix><phone_country_code><phone_number> )

Also, you may try to figure out what happen with the gateway getting you busy by checking its tracelog - make the call and, after you get busy, select the gateway, do a right-click, then from menu choose Tracelog and look mainly for an Error ).

Regards
vali

vali,

I've PM you my logs... I get 14:15:05:296 - Error : Channel encountered a PBX connection problem: SIP error code 404

k?

Mark

markparker said:
I get 14:15:05:296 - Error : Channel encountered a PBX connection problem: SIP error code 404
Hi, Mark

As the trace says, this is a PBX-side configuration issue, regardless the error code.

You may see the gateway as a "phone" which, on an inbound call, tries to call a SIP destination which PBX knows. But, since it's not a phone, but a gateway, that destination is precisely set by you, when you configured coresponding PSTN gateway. Supposing yours is 10000, then on its configuration page, that destination are set in "Office hours" section (and/or, if explicitely set, "Out-of office hours"). 404 means "destination not found". That means you have to verify the destination you checked there.

Hope it helps
regards
vali

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.