Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Skype not ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zebrafilm, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebrafilm

Ok it seemed a nice idea to get a Skype gateway.
    Installed two accounts with the default settings, except the port Id's who where already taken.
    Gateway starts and give the green light for both accounts, 3CX status is also registerred but when I call the accounts nothing happens....

In the gateway log files are only normal messages, nothing about the ringing.

Running WSRV 2008R2 x64 with latest 3CX

Bastiaan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Bastiaan

From the beginning I have to tell you that, at this Beta stage of the gateway, Windows Server 2008 is the last recommended. The main reason is we encountered some problems in "communication" between Skype client and gateway, requiring more testing and analysis (on this OS) than we achieved until now. Even Skype themselves had/have some issues running on this OS (I've read on their website issues related on various OS, to be aware about). The most important one we found until now happened when attempting to configure Skype client from the gateway - and, basically, this is a critical issue, since without a properly configured Skype account, the gateway port won't work. So, any feedback from you will be more than welcome, but also I think you should know about this issue.

Ok, back to the problem you said:
    The gateway's port "local port" (i.e 6060) SHOULD match the one you set on corresponding PSTN gateway page on PBX, into the "Gateway port" field. This is a MUST. Otherwise, the gateway appear as registered, but it won't be "reached" by PBX. You may check PBX's "Server Activity log" to see what's happen.
    These "local ports" are not required to be into a specific range, you may set one to be 6060, the other one 16060, but they must be the same as the one set on corresponding PSTN gateway.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.