Skype SIP Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jimboy Cabillo, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimboy Cabillo

Is there anyone here have successfully configured a Skype for SIP trunk?

I need to know something.

I have already created a SIP Profile and successfully registered into my 3CX. Bought an online number for the profile and setup the Outbound/Inbound rules on 3CX. Everything is working now, I can dial my online number using my mobile phone.

Now I'm trying to setup the Incoming Calls on Skype by creating Business Accounts instead of an online number.

Business Accounts are those Skype personal accounts that we used to sign into the Skype client. But once we attached the account on the SIP Profile to make it a Business Account, it can no longer be used to sign into the Skype. Users can still add the Business Account to their Skype client to make calls from and that is the job of a Business Account. If someone who added the business account on their Skype personal account and calls it, the trunk will forward the call to my 3CX and will ring my Extension phone.

My question is... I have multiple extension phones here and I have also created multiple Business Account on a particular SIP Profile on Skype, how can I shoot the call from an individual Business Account to its designated extension phone? On the SIP Profile, I can add an extension number to a particular Business Account but when I do so, the call will not be successful. The phone isn't ringing at all. But when there is no extension number added to that Business Account, the call will succeed and my extension phone will ring.

I really need this one working so I can have only 1 SIP Profile to load up with. I don't want to spend lots of credits on creating multiple SIP Profile when I can use only 1 SIP Profile and create multiple Business Accounts on it.

I hope you guys understand what I want to achieve.

Thanks!
    -Jimboy

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jimboy Cabillo

I am receiving this on my Logs. After the call that failed.

----------------------

22:05:10.421 [CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
    INVITE sip:103@203.177.***.**:5060;rinstance=c74de04a8e32ed94;transport=udp SIP/2.0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 63.209.144.201:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-1624c-4cd16bcd-3e718a43-3c0e3fd4
    Max-Forwards: 30
    To: <sip:103@sip.skype.com>
    From: "SKYPE_USER_HERE"<sip:Anonymous@sip.skype.com>;tag=c990d13f-13c4-4cd16bcd-3e718a43-7ae27127
    Call-ID: CXC-209-66910f30-c990d13f-13c4-4cd16bcd-3e718a43-42733641
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE
    User-Agent: SipGW 0.3.20
    Privacy: id
    P-Asserted-Identity: "SKYPE_USER_HERE"<sip:Anonymous@sip.skype.com>
    Content-Length: 0
    Remote-Party-ID: "SKYPE_USER_HERE" <sip:Anonymous@sip.skype.com>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=full

22:05:10.421 [CM302001]: Authorization system can not identify source of: SipReq: INVITE 103@203.177.***.**:5060 tid=-1624c-4cd16bcd-3e718a43-3c0e3fd4 cseq=INVITE contact=Anonymous@63.209.144.201:5060 / 1 from(wire)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

It won't work the way you want. You need to pay for each account. From my experience Skype is not a cost-effective business solution. The last client I helped with this was paying out close to $500/month just in Skype charges. I finally got them to switch to a regular SIP trunk provider and even with ten DID's their bill was less than $150/month.

4. Jimboy Cabillo

@Kerry Garrison

That's awful for me. I only need this one working, I don't care about the price coz I'm not the one who will pay for those charges. :lol:

I have noticed something with this line, think there's something wrong with it.
    -----------------
    To: <sip:103@sip.skype.com>
    From: "SKYPE_USER_HERE"<sip:Anonymous@sip.skype.com>;tag=c990d13f-13c4-4cd16bcd-3e718a43-7ae27127
    -----------------
    That "To:" field should be the target of my call request. If I am calling from my Skype personal account to Business Account that will forward the call to my PBX going to the extension, then the "To:" field should be the destination of my call, which is my PBX (e.x. extension#@PBX.com) not the address of the caller.

5. Jimboy Cabillo

Oh well, I've got it all working now with Skype SIP Trunk.

Anyone who's having a problem like this and found this thread could shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I just fixed another Skype Connect problem for a fellow 3cx'er today too.

For those who are setting up Skype Connects - use the 3cx template (it works) and make sure you put the phone number NOT the authentication number in the provisioning part

It should be
    phone number
    authentication id
    password.

Lots of people are putting the authentication id in the phone number field and this is why after 2 rings it hangs up as 3cx doenst know how to authorize the call.

7. Jimboy Cabillo

You're right in there buddy.

Happy anniversary here in 3CX. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.