Skype?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chicocanada, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chicocanada

I have been reading for a few hours now and I still confused.

I would like people to reach my 3CX using Skype, can I accomplish it with this? http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/skype.html

Do I need to pay for Skype Connect? I do not want to make calls, just remote people to be able to reach my 3CX using Skype.

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you just want to use Skype for other Skype users to be able reach you (no Skype SIP users with "real" telephone numbers) then you can use the Skype gateway along with an older version of Skype. It won't work with newer versions and is not really supported by 3CX any more, so, you are sort of on your own.

3. chicocanada

thank you Leejor,

I have found many older versions of Skype, on oldapps dot com and in torrents. So that is the guide to follow and it does work?

Thank you

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I believe that you need to use a version prior to 5.3. Once it is installed (on the same PC running 3CX) be sure to disable the Skype auto update function or it will update to the newest version, and won't work any more. I discovered that the hard way.

Follow the guide, it does work. If you want to call out, you have to get a bit creative with the outbound rules, as a "regular" phone won't allow you to call a Skype "name" directly. I created a speed call list, that adds the name in the outbound rules.

5. chicocanada

got it working! have only tested inbound but it's good to know that you have outbound working also :)

Cheers and thanks a lot!

6. chicocanada

Hey leejor,

got the outbound working as well, although I doubt I'll ever use the outbound, but cool to have. Now, I would like to forward all incoming Skype calls to another VoIP server I have on the same LAN, it's an Asterisk server. I have the trunk built between the two, just can't figure out how to send the incoming Skype calls through the trunk to the asterisk.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.