• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daktur

Reaction score
Hi all, it's me again.

I remember in v14 we have the option to forward a call to skype.

Was this feature removed from v15?

Thanks a lot!

You would have to have service with Skype Connect, and routing could probably be handled in the same manner as sending a call to any trunk group. There used to be a 3CX Skype gateway (add-on) that worked with older versions of Skype. It stopped working after the most recent Skype update a few months back.

@leejor ,

Thanks for replying!
I meant in v14sp3 we could forward a call to a skype name even though we haven't got skype connect.
There was an option just like forward to voicemail, external number, etc we were able to set it to a skype name.

Maybe we restricted it to a number.. Could be.
Why you need to forward calls to skype like this? What gateway do you use?
Skype connect as leejor pointed out is the business solution for this.

@nickybrg actuallly i was talking to one of my sales representative today about the features and doubled checked this feature and realize it is missing :)

Hi
I dont know how you want to use it but I checked and you can forward to a number and in the number field, we let you put a skype id instead of just a normal external number.
We just renamed the option from External number or skype id to external number only. Underlying logic remained the same. Then you can play about with outbound rules.

However the correct way is with skype for business.
upload_2017-5-25_9-45-7.png

Unless it has changed recently, Skype Connect didn't/doesn't allow you to "call" a Skype name. It's considered a "business" service. You required the "old/basic" Skype service, and with 3CX, that meant using the, now obsolete, 3CX Skype Gateway. This involved having the PC you were using 3CX on, running a valid/registered Skype account. 3CX was never able to send calls to a Skype contact without you first setting up your own Skype account.

Thats how I know it too leejor.. In fact I am waiting to see what Daktur's next plan of action is..
Without the skype gateway (discontinued) this is useless. You have to use skype connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louderapps
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.